shooting groups 1 inch right

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by ambeck1, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Argh! .45-GAP! The abortion that lived!

That's your problem right there!

(just kidding) :D

2. ambeck1

ambeck1 New Member

lol. i love that caliber actually. I dont understand why it dosnt catch on. For me that caliber is perfect, hits like a 45 recoils like a 9. best of both worlds.:D

3. codemanod

codemanod New Member

IMHO I think you are way over thinking this whole thing. Notice as soon as you posted I knew you were left handed, that means there's nothing wrong with your gun. Now reading other post I see you're shooting isosolies, what you are calling competition, (more and more military and police are going to this stance, faster follow up shots and quicker target transition), so your stance is fine. What's happening is natural, my advice, keep shooting, every gun is going to fit a little different in your hand, what you don't want to do is shoot each gun different, you want every draw, pushing the gun out, sight picture, sight alinement, trigger press, to be the same. Consistency is key. If I was standing next to you and you shot a one hole group one inch from center I would give you a high five and say "great shooting". Sorry for the rant, but I don't think you need to do anything one inch at 21' is great shooting.

4. ambeck1

ambeck1 New Member

Thanks codemanod for the input. i like the groups i have because they are ripping hole in the target in the same spot. its just i want to hit what im aiming at. Such as if i shoot at your chest i want to hit the chest not the shoulder ect. I will keep shooting like i said earlier i am new to pistols and i only get to go once a month. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

5. codemanod

codemanod New Member

No prob buddy. I know what you're saying but keep a couple things in mind, 1) one inch is nothing a persons heart is about the size of a fist. 2) when your adrenalin is going all you really need is to hit an area the size of a pie plate.

6. ambeck1

ambeck1 New Member

very true. thats why i shoot silhouette targets. never hit out side the body. i would like to get competition good but who knows.

7. ambeck1

ambeck1 New Member

Thanks. that would help me but my weapon is a GAP round not ACP :)

8. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Yah, I was about to say that: neither a .45ACP nor .40S&W arbor would fit a .45GAP.

You (Ambeck1) may be stuck with using a generic thru-the-muzzle boresighter such as this
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Laser-Boresighting-Kit/1172355.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3D%2Bboresighter%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=+boresighter&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

or this, which seems to have a shorter shaft, therefore more appropriate to pistols:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Bushnel...257?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c2c06529

BUT, even if you had one of these, you would still need a rear sight adjustment tool like this:
    http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descri...ol/?return=?tpl=index&category_id=418&_Tools/

or this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ameriglo-Re...034?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cd725ad2

or this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MGW-SIGHT-A...098?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b91a1d5a

...in order to achieve the level of precision you may be looking for.

Now, a competent gunsmith would already have these things on hand, and will probably charge $50 or less to check it and adjust if needed.

If you buy the tools, you will most likely need it on this once, unless you plan on having an arsenal at home, or going into amateur pistolsmithing.

Your call, friend, but I recommend just taking it to a competent gunsmith and be done with less hassle.

9. Dboyce12

Dboyce12 New Member

..tight all day..

That's what she said lol sorry had to

10. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Are you sure you were checking the muzzle and not the breech? :D

(APOLOGIES TO THE REST OF THE WORLD!)

11. Dboyce12

Dboyce12 New Member

Hahahaha that's great

12. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Actually, on reflection, I should have said this:

Are you sure you were checking the muzzle or the breech, not the "ejector port"? :D:D:D

13. RipperR6

RipperR6 New Member

I want to buy my first hand gun and I'm looking at the 3ed gen Glock 17, or 19. What do you guys think

14. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hey, RipperR6, WELCOME to the Forum!

First of all, I recommend that you post a *Hi, there* in "Introductions" so the rest of the Members can give you a warm Hello!

Now, about your question: It would largely depend on what feels more comfortable in your hand (and therefore by inference, what you can shoot more accurately) as well as what you intend to do with it (home defense, rangework, or carry [if allowed in your jurisdiction]).

The G17 is about 1/2" longer in overall length than the G19 (and the G17L is 2" longer than the G19) so there is the added weight of the metal (slide and barrel) to make the G17 heavier than the G19. As regards to magazine capacity, if this is a prime concern, you can get magazine extensions to add capacity to either magazine, or you can use a G17 mag in a G19 (the reverse is not true).

So, drop a line in Introductions, tell us a little more about you and what you want to do with the soon-to-be-yours Glock, so everyone else can say Hi back at ya and start giving helpful hints.

Again, WELCOME!

15. ambeck1

ambeck1 New Member

happysniper hit it right on the head. Personally if the gun is for carry(you didnt specify) i would go sub compact. Welcome to the forum!

16. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

I don't care if your first hand gun is a GLOCK or not!

I would say, "Find a gun that you like the feel of and in a caliber you like(something small loke 22 = cheap)."
    "Go shoot the stuffings out of it and get good with it at close range (say 10- -20ft) first." Then work your way out some.

IF YOU ENJOY the shooting sport, then buy another gun for any purpose you have.

I believe too many men get involved with our sport and try to get a large caliber only to get fustrated with a gun they can't shoot then, walk away from shooting with too many bad stories. Enjoy it, after all, it is a God given right!

17. RipperR6

RipperR6 New Member

Sorry about that, this is my first forum I have ever joined. you guys sound like you know what your talking about and I thought I would be a good Idea to join you. I'm 25 and am just starting my guard, also when I'm done with that I'm getting my open Cary. Then Going form my CCW. I live in placer county CA. I would to become a cop but getting that job right now is tuff. I'm glad to be apart of this forum and look forward to our chats.

18. Dboyce12

Dboyce12 New Member

Hello yeah pay attention there's a few that have really helped me too especially happy sniper an petty officer welcome to the forum

19. ambeck1

ambeck1 New Member

your just starting your guard??