Shooting and practicing ccw tactics

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by jelder, Jan 12, 2012.

1. jelder

jelder New Member

How often does everyone practice your shooting? Does anyone take any classes to improve your shooting and tactics? How often? Jw. Going next Sunday to get my CCDW. Have had pistols my whole life. Time to start carrying them finally.

2. M22

M22 Member

WMass
    I try to go a couple times a month to the range. Usually bring multiple silhouette targets with stands to work on fast/ accurate target acquisition. I also work on clearing the house sometimes when I am home alone. More often than not I am woken up by my wife saying "I heard something (or someone's here) go see what it is!"

3. jelder

jelder New Member

Lol, my wife would b yelling! Not a bad ideal tho. Think i may have to work on this drill. It will b a good thing!

4. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

No less than monthly I practice and I take another class yearly, sometimes a repeat or same school different class, and sometimes a different school different class, just depends on how much a=money and time I have that year.

5. well considering i go to my buddies property on a private outdoor, all steel target range.....i shoot 3-500 rounds minimum of once a week. We are finally about to take on the challenge of a run and gun coarse just as soon as I acquire some more steel plate.

Can not even begin to count dry fire practice at home while practicing drawing from different scenarios and clearing house. I'm actually considering buying a good gas blow back air soft just for plinking around in the garage.:cool:

6. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

Ronnie Dodd?

7. Nope, just a friends property that I can go to when ever I want. Looking very forward to a run n gun and doing some night drills.

8. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

Just curious, he has a Steel Challenge course on his private range up in Sale Creek.

9. I've heard about it and know about where it is but never been.

10. jelder

jelder New Member

Where do u get these blow back guns?

11. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

Me neither, I looks like he runs comps once a month and I might try to make one this summer

12. I'm just recently even considering air soft so I'm learning. What I have learned is, it is almost impossible to find any NEW blow back Glocks, which baffles me to no end. It seems like KWA sold the crap out of them a couple of years ago but finding them now.....good luck. I have not found a single new one yet.

13. jelder

jelder New Member

I found a lot of them! Google it or look on amazon! They have tons on there

14. I have. Are you sure they are GBB? I have found listings BUT when you go to purchase they all say "out of stock". Got a link to in stock GBB?

15. woa......i just looked. holy cow! i swear when i was looking a few weeks ago no one and i mean no one had them. i sort of gave up.

I'm still looking for a KWA though.

16. i only found two listings for a KWA. going to purchase one now. thanks for making me look again.

EDIT: the KWA listings were not Glock

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  17. jelder

jelder New Member

Np. I think I'm gonna get me the g23 replica for working around the house. These things are perfect for training! Never heard of these before yesterday

18. Itsahak

Itsahak New Member

The Glock versions of GBB's are being sold in Upper and Lower kits. Glock issued a statement a few years ago stating they would sue retailers that sold replica's for "look-a-like" copyright infringement.

AS for using airsoft for training.... I've been a proponent of that for about 7-8 years now. And apparently Travis Haley agrees...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87uj5_2hEGk&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLD7538B61A41ABD6B[/ame]

19. jelder

jelder New Member

found one on amazon

20. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Active Member

Of late, I shoot three times a week. I dry fire practice and draw daily for 15" per day to 20" per day.

If alone, at my gun club, I set up like this or other ways to shoot different targets, different distances, shooting while moving.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T2-LUI5WpQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

If I practice draws and movements, I start with the lower only. Then I put the slide on, then I go live fire. Everything is a progression. Begin with Safety in Mind.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaJ2AcVLxFQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Shooting has to be second nature. You have to be confident to hit at any distance. No hesitation. No second thoughts. Reflexive.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012