Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I own 2 glocks. A 22 and 43x. Recently had an issue with my 22 at the range. Fires 1 round and the slide stays in the rear position. Compared it to my 43x and found a piece of metal sheared off of the trigger assembly. Great. Haven’t put 1000 rounds thru my favorite pistol. Ok gotta send it back. Shipping 100$. Had to call and get the fll while at the ups distribution center. The lady was short and sounded annoyed with me that I asked for it. I’m a prior military vet and don’t think after this bs will ever buy a Glock again. Had an issue with a smith and Wesson .380 contacted them, sent me shipping info and labels. Cost me nothing. Manufacturing issue just as my .40 BYE GLOCK

·
Premium Member
6,953 Posts
Welcome to the forum,I've found it helpful to be able to work on your own firearm no matter the manufacture.

·
Premium Member
14,544 Posts
I’ve never had to deal with Glock USA. I can say unfortunately that S&W is easy to deal with. Which means that I had a m&p I had to send back. Ruger is also easy to deal with. I would take a look at your slide stop spring.

Font Bicycle part Auto part Screenshot Circle

·
Registered
119 Posts
I mean you could've probably replaced the entire trigger assembly if you needed to for less than you paid for shipping. Mostly a matter of removing a few pins and understanding spring orientation.

Do some research on what each individual part of the internals are. Most of it is pretty easy to replace. Some of it requires a little knowledge, like what SixG17's mentioned. There are some safety checks to do after any disassemble/reassemble.

Otherwise, that's part of the beauty of a Glock. Unless you blow out a barrel or crack the slide it's pretty easy to replace or fix a lot of it yourself.

I mean.. Glock says not to do your own gunsmithing.. but frankly.. it's not rocket science. I won't be digging into any metal, but, pulling pins and swapping out parts takes minutes at most. Sucks that it happened.. but your glock will run again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts