Glock Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
anyone with a 43x and made a change to fit the Shielded Arms 15 round MAGAZINE and can share how it works and are there any problems? And of course if he is satisfied. Is there a video on how to make the change?
Thanks.

Automotive lighting Font Brand Audio equipment Advertising

· Premium Member
10,874 Posts
Make sure you buy the metal mag release also. I won’t run the metal mag release on my oem Glock mags. Just a thought.
Same here but I find myself only ever using the Shield magazines so it's not much of a issue.

Reactions: Lucian_253 and RIP

· Super Moderator
79,036 Posts
Yes, I have a dozen of them and I have not had any issues with them. Ditto on getting metal release to use with them.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
anyone with a 43x and made a change to fit the Shielded Arms 15 round MAGAZINE and can share how it works and are there any problems? And of course if he is satisfied. Is there a video on how to make the change?
Thanks.

View attachment 279849
First, the mag in the picture is gen 1. They had issues with it and now the gen 2s have gray followers.
I had no problems with this magazine until I changed the striker spring in my G 48 MOS from the OEM 5.5 lb to an aftermarket 4.5 lb. That caused frequent failures to feed in every S15 Gen2 I own.
I reversed the striker spring back to OEM and the problem went away.
I had changed my 43x striker spring to a 4.5 lb. spring and did not have these problems. Why? Could it be that the additional 2 oz of weight in the 48's longer slide has an impact?
Would a skeletonized striker or a weaker or stronger recoil spring be required to keep the timing correct?
Chime in if you know the answer.
Please don't respond with keep everything OEM. I understand that principle, but am trying to learn and share something helpful here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.