Glock Firearms banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
Glock 43x
131 Posts
I just ordered One, they are on backorder now, the wait begins. I picked up a Shield mag release at a gun show a couple of weeks ago and found out that it's only for a Right handed shooter, I'm a Lefty and have no use for it, hopefully I can still use the polymer release with no issues.

·
Registered
Glock 43x
131 Posts
The metal mag catch has been updated?
When you say updated do you mean the Glock factory 10 round falls w/ gravity? the one I bought a couple of weeks ago at a gun show that I installed in my 43x didn't let the factory mag fall freely, you had to pull the mag out, and to make matters worse it was for right handed release only, I'm a Lefty.

·
Registered
870 Posts
When you say updated do you mean the Glock factory 10 round falls w/ gravity? the one I bought a couple of weeks ago at a gun show that I installed in my 43x didn't let the factory mag fall freely, you had to pull the mag out, and to make matters worse it was for right handed release only, I'm a Lefty.
You might want to look at that again. My brother is a lefty. He used the first get mag release by SA and notched his own mags.

·
Registered
Glock 43x
131 Posts
You might want to look at that again. My brother is a lefty. He used the first get mag release by SA and notched his own mags.
I'm not understanding what you mean by notched?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I just ordered One, they are on backorder now, the wait begins. I picked up a Shield mag release at a gun show a couple of weeks ago and found out that it's only for a Right handed shooter, I'm a Lefty and have no use for it, hopefully I can still use the polymer release with no issues.
The plastic/nylon mag catch will eventually wear due to the metal of the magazine body friction against it upon insertion.
If you want to lengthen it's life you would want to fully depress the magazine catch for magazine insertion, there by greatly extending it's useful life.

·
Low speed High drag
2,203 Posts
I ordered 1 of the new gen 2 mags along with a TTI +5 base pad. If it proves reliable my 48 may become my daily carry again. Right now I mostly carry it when I'm doing yard work for snakes....1 rattler and 3 copperheads so far this year. It was great when I lived in NY and could only have 10...until I joined the PD there,but being in Georgia the 19 is my main carry gun now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone kept the factory mag catch and still using the shield arms mag? Like someone said similar, I actually plan to keep everything stock and just use the 15 rounder as my home defense back up.

·
Registered
994 Posts
a few coworkers are still using the factory mag catch with their Shield magazines. But they aren't shooting alot if at all, it's just their carry gun. I practice biweekly so I got the Shield steel release.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Has anyone kept the factory mag catch and still using the shield arms mag? Like someone said similar, I actually plan to keep everything stock and just use the 15 rounder as my home defense back up.
Why? I am willing to bet the recoil impulse is going to wiggle the mag enough to grind on the catch. I have some sights coming as the factory ones are crap.
Swap the catch. Put it away to swap back to stop before selling.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why? I am willing to bet the recoil impulse is going to wiggle the mag enough to grind on the catch. I have some sights coming as the factory ones are crap.
Swap the catch. Put it away to swap back to stop before selling.
Mainly bc I don’t want to render the factory mags useless. Once I swap the mag catch my concern is the factory mags will be damaged and then I don’t have any of I do ever sell it.

·
Low speed High drag
2,203 Posts
Well I'm completely unimpressed. The mags rattle and frankly I just don't trust them. Having said that my mag with and without the mag extension ran fine. To me they feel like the. weak link in my glock 48. I'm gonna eventually just order a +2 or +3 mag extension for the glock 48 mags. Also the added weight kinda defeated the purpose of my 48.

·
Registered
Glock 43x
131 Posts
I was supposed to get my first order today, it was delayed a day, it made it to my USPS facility today. I"m guessing I'll get it Monday. I already replaced the mag catch w/ the Shield Arms mag catch.

·
Registered
Glock 43x
131 Posts
a few coworkers are still using the factory mag catch with their Shield magazines. But they aren't shooting alot if at all, it's just their carry gun. I practice biweekly so I got the Shield steel release.
Are the mags releasing freely, I heard with the factory polymer mag catch the Shield magazines don't fall freely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 5 of the older mags and have never had a problem with them. I received a mod 2 Tuesday and put 50 rounds through it and had two double feeds in my 43xMOS. Never had that happen. The pistol has 500 rounds through it. I’ve been a firearms instructor since 1989 so don’t say it was my grip etc. I’ll shoot some more through it but I’m definitely not carrying the mag. Overall I’m not happy. As I understand it they redesigned the follower. Maybe my pistol doesn’t like it. I was using federal 115 FMJ.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts