Glock Firearms banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
To the poster asking what holster people are using, I’m using a G Code eclipse. Suede lined exterior, incredibly comfy. I’ve used normal kydex for years and never had an issue but just got a g code and I’m not going back haha (for smaller guns at least)

·
Premium Member
13,283 Posts
To the poster asking what holster people are using, I’m using a G Code eclipse. Suede lined exterior, incredibly comfy. I’ve used normal kydex for years and never had an issue but just got a g code and I’m not going back haha (for smaller guns at least)
Love G-Code. Always wanted to try the eclipse holster.

·
JIM
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Did you replace the mag release as well? I seem to recall them recommending doing so, so the steel magazine doesn't create undue wear on the polymer mag release.
I just Replaced my mag release with the Shield Aluminum Release (In Stock Now) and it works flawlessly with Shield & Glock OEM Mags.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been watching this since Shield first announced what they had planned. So far they are looking very promising.
I'll give them a few months longer and then will probably order a few.
From what I have seen posted on other gun forums, the metal mag catch is a must if you are going to shoot it much.
Most reports have said the polymer mag catch is done in less than 300 rounds.
Does the metal mag catch mess up the stock/factory magazines?

·
JIM
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Did you replace the mag release as well? I seem to recall them recommending doing so, so the steel magazine doesn't create undue wear on the polymer mag release.
Yes..... Make sure you only use "Shield Arms" Aluminum Mag Release Because I tried another brand and it didn't lock the slide back on last round ?
My guess is Shield Arms S15 Mag Hole is CUT a certain way ? I had to buy that a Shield Arms Release and it Locks Back.

·
Registered
Glock 43x
131 Posts
Does the metal mag catch mess up the stock/factory magazines?
I put the Shield magazine catch on my 43x and tried the factory magazine, the problem is that a fully loaded factory magizine doesn't fall out by gravity, you have to pull it out.

Reactions: jhg

·
Gunslinger
10,129 Posts
I put the Shield magazine catch on my 43x and tried the factory magazine, the problem is that a fully loaded factory magizine doesn't fall out by gravity, you have to pull it out.
I am thinking I should buy a couple of those Shield 15 rounders while it is still legal to do so. I think I will stick with the factory mag release though and just keep a spare. I hope the wait times have improved.

·
Registered
Glock 43x
131 Posts
I am thinking I should buy a couple of those Shield 15 rounders while it is still legal to do so. I think I will stick with the factory mag release though and just keep a spare. I hope the wait times have improved.
They haven't, they still say backordered on the Shield Arms website. I was at a gun show here in Orlando last weekend and saw Three a vendor was selling for $140 a piece, he claimed he was only making $10 a mag, I think he was full of $hit he might of bought them when they were plentiful and marked them up when they were in demand. I heard that if you see them back in stock grab them when you can they are filling backorders now for the folks who pre-ordered them, good luck.

·
Gunslinger
10,129 Posts
They haven't, they still say backordered on the Shield Arms website. I was at a gun show here in Orlando last weekend and saw Three a vendor was selling for $140 a piece, he claimed he was only making $10 a mag, I think he was full of $hit he might of bought them when they were plentiful and marked them up when they were in demand. I heard that if you see them back in stock grab them when you can they are filling backorders now for the folks who pre-ordered them, good luck.
Thanks. I don't guess I will be getting those in the near future.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,845 Posts
If possible get on back order lists. I have a friend of mine that is always looking for certain things that are usually single vendor. It might take a month or 2 but then there will be a glut of them on the market only to disappear within a short period.
My friend is looking for a HK VP9 currently. I found him one in the past that he bought for his girlfriend but he likes it so much he wants one.
I told him they’re gone now but they’ll be everywhere soon enough.

·
Registered
Glock 43x
131 Posts
If possible get on back order lists. I have a friend of mine that is always looking for certain things that are usually single vendor. It might take a month or 2 but then there will be a glut of them on the market only to disappear within a short period.
My friend is looking for a HK VP9 currently. I found him one in the past that he bought for his girlfriend but he likes it so much he wants one.
I told him they’re gone now but they’ll be everywhere soon enough.
I guess to get on back order lists they have to be in stock correct?

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,845 Posts
I guess to get on back order lists they have to be in stock correct?
That’s the point of the back order, it’s out of stock but they intend to make/receive more.
Depends on the retailer/manufacturer. Some don’t offer back orders some do.
I haven’t checked out the Shield Arms site.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Shield Arms Drops the New Gen 2 S15 Ambidextrous Magazine

So what exactly has changed from the Gen 1 magazines and more importantly, are you going to have to change all of your gear up to make use of these new mags? The short answer is no. The Gen 2 S15 magazines have basically the same design, footprint, and function as the Gen 1 models. So if you bought +5 mag extensions for your S15 magazines, you can keep and use them with the Gen 2 mags. The steel magazine catch, Neomag clips, magazine carriers, magwells, base plates, and floor plates will all still be cross-compatible between both models. The only piece that doesn’t cross over is the magazine followers (orange for Gen 1 and grey for Gen 2).

www.thefirearmblog.com

Shield Arms Drops the New Gen 2 S15 Ambidextrous Magazine
Shield Arms has just dropped the GEN 2 S15 Ambidextrous magazine full of improvements to take the S15 and your Glock 43X or 48 to the next level.
www.thefirearmblog.com
www.thefirearmblog.com

Reactions: chowser51 and j102

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Cool! Hoping mine are the gen2. I'll run a couple of boxes of ammo through mine when they get here.
I too hope that is the case.

Reactions: j102
21 - 40 of 70 Posts