Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
JIM
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tested my Shield Arms S15 magazine at the range and No Malfunctions after firing 200 rounds of Blazer Brass and I did a lot of rapid fire. I was impressed with the performance and if you want a Flush Fit 15 Round Mag in Your Glock 43X this magazine is for you.

Shield Arms - 15 round steel magazine for the Glock® 43X/48, same size as the Glock® 10 round magazine......https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag
S15 Mag 43X.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Did you replace the mag release as well? I seem to recall them recommending doing so, so the steel magazine doesn't create undue wear on the polymer mag release.

Reactions: ca survivor

·
JIM
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you replace the mag release as well? I seem to recall them recommending doing so, so the steel magazine doesn't create undue wear on the polymer mag release.
No....Not Yet, However I'm going to carry the S15 as a backup mag and use standard Glock mag as primary.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'm on the list to buy two of those mags.

Reactions: fla9500

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yep, it seems like that it will take me a while to get the two that I'm supposed to get on Shield Arms website but I have time, I won't get my 43X until the 25th of this month.

So what kind of holster do you have?

Reactions: fla9500

·
JIM
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, it seems like that it will take me a while to get the two that I'm supposed to get on Shield Arms website but I have time, I won't get my 43X until the 25th of this month.

So what kind of holster do you have?
I use a IWB Kydex Holster, it protects the slide finish (Amazon is where I bought it)

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have been watching this since Shield first announced what they had planned. So far they are looking very promising.
I'll give them a few months longer and then will probably order a few.
From what I have seen posted on other gun forums, the metal mag catch is a must if you are going to shoot it much.
Most reports have said the polymer mag catch is done in less than 300 rounds.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I bought a CYA holster off of Amazon for my 43X.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey guys and gals,

I did a search on here for s15 and shield arms mags, but not really finding much recent.

I’d like feedback from anyone that has used these mags. Good and bad.

I will be using a g43 slide on a g48 frame.

-how did they hold up?
-What’s your round count on each mag, or in general with the mags?
-any issues?
-would you buy them?

I recently switched from my 19 and usp-c to my 43.

carried for a while, like it, but keep finding myself adding +2 baseplates.

Went on gunbroker this morning and checked to see how much a complete 43x/48 frame was, and found a store locally with a complete one for under $150 and grabbed one. (I wanted to switch between the 43 and a marginally higher capacity pistol, while still being thinner than my usp and g19. Just getting a compete frame was way cheaper, in case I lose interest in this and go back to something else).

on the drive home, I remembered the shield arms mag threads I read before they were released. I’ve intentionally put off getting a 43x or 48 or just a frame to give these mags a good 6 months to be on market to await any major issues.

Spent the afternoon searching threads, and aside from a couple videos, and a few forum threads, I’m not really finding as much on them as I anticipated.

I ordered one and a mag catch to try it out. Wait time is 1-2 weeks, so I’ll keep researching in the mean time.

I would love to hear user feedback from those that have actually had/have them.

I’m not bothered by the capacity of the standard g43x, but really love the idea of a thin 19 holding the same.

thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,272 Posts
Is anyone using the shield mags with a Tarran Tactical aluminum mag release?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I’m sorry to the OP. I thought this was the original shield magazines thread.
No problem! Can you point me in the direction of the original thread? Maybe all the info I’m looking for is there!

I seem to have trouble searching on forums using key words and rarely find what I’m looking for.

And I ordered the shield arms magazine catch, considered the taran, and a few others. Figured I’d try the one that’s made for the mags, more or less.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts