Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this week I was at the range shooting my brand new Gen 4 Glock 19 when suddenly it jammed. I suspect I ran across a bad reload. So since then it has been jammed. I did the ink pen trick discovered it's just a shell casing stuck in the barrel, not a live round. When I try to rack the slide it only moves about 1mm, as if something is stopping it from moving. The trigger is stuck back and it hasn't reset. Can anyone help? Automotive lighting Gas Glass Metal Fashion accessory
Bumper Bicycle part Automotive tire Wrist Sportswear
Watch Rectangle Tints and shades Electric blue Fashion accessory
Automotive exterior Composite material Bumper Gadget Tints and shades

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Forum

Attachments

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
Take it to a gun smith. If you dont have one near by, it's not a live round, so take a small dowel, slide it down the barrel, and see if you can tap it loose. I'm not a gun smith so I'm taking no liability for the result, but it should work.

Reactions: Stove Pipe

·
GSSF Member
122 Posts
Were you shooting 115 grain rounds by any chance? I ask because I have two new G19 G4's and the first I used 115 grain and have about 3 FTE. Switched over to 124 grain and no further issues. It took a few round (around 20) to be broken in. I used 124 grain in the other G19 and then back to some 115 grain and no issues. For whatever reason the G19's I have did require a few rounds to break in while my G26 and G30S had no issues.

Curious to hear if this is what happened. I hope you can get your round out...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yes, I've tried to. The slide lock comes down but I guess the slide isn't positioned in the exact spot it needs to be in to field strip. When I try it just stays locked up in that position, only able to move back about 1mm or so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Were you shooting 115 grain rounds by any chance? I ask because I have two new G19 G4's and the first I used 115 grain and have about 3 FTE. Switched over to 124 grain and no further issues. It took a few round (around 20) to be broken in. I used 124 grain in the other G19 and then back to some 115 grain and no issues. For whatever reason the G19's I have did require a few rounds to break in while my G26 and G30S had no issues.

Curious to hear if this is what happened. I hope you can get your round out...

Yes it was 115 grain reloads.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
You just need to overcome the stuck casing by forcefully pushing the slide back. Place the front of the slide against something like a tabletop or similar that would allow you to push against the front of the slide while allowing the barrel to clear. You might have to hit against the backside of the grip while doing this.

If you choose to try the dowel method, you might need some help to pull back on the slide while the dowel is being tapped. This would help to keep the casing from just striking the beech face on the slide. Personally, I would try the first method, but that's me.

Dave

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I had the exact same problem and my solution was a variation of Arson Dave's. Hold the slide tightly with an over hand grip. Then smack high up on the back of the frame (Just below the curve of the beaver tail) with the webbed area between your thumb and index finger. With me the second smack forced the slide open and ejected the stuck case.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yUG7NZGgMiQ[/ame]

I have used this method twice and it worked great both times.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Yet another reason I do not shoot reloads! I dont care about a couple dollars!!
That's why you don't shoot reloads of unknown origin. I reload for mine and with 12k reloads through the barrel so far not one single issue. The difference is that I case gauge 100% of my rounds and know before the make it into a magazine they are good to go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the exact same problem and my solution was a variation of Arson Dave's. Hold the slide tightly with an over hand grip. Then smack high up on the back of the frame (Just below the curve of the beaver tail) with the webbed area between your thumb and index finger. With me the second smack forced the slide open and ejected the stuck case.

[ame]

I have used this method twice and it worked great both times.
I know this is an old thread - but I just found it. Had the exact same issue with a Glock 43x. Used the "slam" method in the YouTube video and it cleared the jam and ejected the round. Thank you for posting.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You just need to overcome the stuck casing by forcefully pushing the slide back. Place the front of the slide against something like a tabletop or similar that would allow you to push against the front of the slide while allowing the barrel to clear. You might have to hit against the backside of the grip while doing this.

If you choose to try the dowel method, you might need some help to pull back on the slide while the dowel is being tapped. This would help to keep the casing from just striking the beech face on the slide. Personally, I would try the first method, but that's me.

Dave
Yup. This. Happened to my 19.4 due to an out of spec case. Once I was completely sure it was spent brass, continued application of reasonable force, pulling back the slide, eventually worked. But. Don’t whack the slide with any type of tool! Just be patient.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts