Glock Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently I went to my LGS to buy a factory 13 round magazine for my Glock 21. They were out, but did have a 26 round ‘fun stick’. I decided to get one for the novelty. After loading it up and stripping rounds from the magazine I noticed the spring is weak and the rounds don’t push to the top of the feed lips. After realizing this and doing some research I found they are notoriously unreliable . It is a little too nice to throw away, but crappy enough to not keep loaded for self defense. I may just use it as a range mag, but I have a feeling it won’t even function. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about this product?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks for warning us about the magazines. I have a distaste for unreliable aftermarket magazines after getting a bunch of them for the Ruger Mini 14. The last thing I want are magazines that don't work and I hate wasting my money on them. I have a couple of ProMag and a Magpul one and Ill find out how they work on my P80 build when the final parts arrive and are installed.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No problem uzitiger, thanks for the response. I agree with your statement about magazines. Seems like if there is going to be a malfunction it’s usually related to the magazine. On that note, I decided to give a ETS 7 round magazine for the G43 a try. I already dislike it because with the extra round it is very difficult to load on a closed slide so I only have 6 in there. Despite being significantly cheaper than a factory G43 magazine I would have rather put the money toward an OEM one in retrospect. Now I’ve decided to only buy factory mags - I guess I learned my lesson. I’m curious about the Magpul mags for Glock. Having many pmags I wonder if the Glock mags are of comparable quality. If you’d be willing to give your opinion after you try them it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Update:
I emailed SGM Tactical and told them about the problem. They offered to mail a stiffer spring to me. I took them up on the offer, we will see if it resolves the issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I dropped a Kriss spring in my SGM .45 hi cap mag, big improvement over the SGM spring. Kriss doesn’t show them on their site but I called them, think it was $8.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I fired my P80 built toy today and I used Promag and Magpul magazines and they worked well with the exception of a couple stoppages due to a loose grip and it didn't like the steel cased ammo. The problem with the steel cased ammo will probably go away after the magazines break in.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SGM two day delivered two extra strength springs for my extended magazine. I installed one of them and it made a huge difference . One of these days real soon I’m gonna try the beast out. If it is reliable I’m going to load it with a box of hollow points I have unopened . I’m really feeling positive about the situation. Once again the mag itself is of good quality looks exactly like an OEM steel inserts and all, but just king sized!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm glad that SGM took care of you and that you have a good magazine and that we can buy them.
I am using Pro Mag and Magpul in mine and they work well. I may even get a real Glock magazine for my P80 build.

Does anyone know how the Korean magazines for Glock work?
I prefer American made and Pro Mag have good magazines despite that people say otherwise. Someone I know threw out his Magpul and I told him that I would have taken then had I known.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got a chance to shoot today and the SGM super capacity G21 magazine with the upgraded spring is a go! It functioned perfectly , no malfunctions . I have it loaded with hollow points now. If you have a Glock 21 it is worth getting one. A lot of fun!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm glad to see that SGM, Promag and Magpul are reliable aftermarket options. I got my first real Glock magazine with the steel lining.
Has anyone tried the Korean aftermarket mags? I'm happy with the American made aftermarket ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts