Glock Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question may have come up before but I couldn't find it.
My daughter has a disability and will be receiving a federally certified and licensed
Service dog in June. It's a highly trained and very expensive ($18,000) Golden Retriever.
It will play a vital role in her health and wellbeing, and due to its early alerts, could prevent
Excessive blood glucose levels that cause Coma, seizures, major organ damage, etc. Per Federal law, a Federally certified service animal is NOT a pet. My question is, with the service animal playing such a vital part of my daughter's health and wellbeing, is it still considered just property or can it be defended and protected as I would protect my daughter? Again, IT IS NOT A PET, per Fed. Law.

·
Darksider Chick
20,719 Posts
I don't know offhand but I can put you in touch with someone who can help you. I will PM you.

Best of luck to you and your daughter. My godson has a service dog and the dog is a life saver (literally).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know offhand but I can put you in touch with someone who can help you. I will PM you.

Best of luck to you and your daughter. My godson has a service dog and the dog is a life saver (literally).
Thank you very much!

·
Darksider Chick
20,719 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts