Glock Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it the holster or the shooter? Why do some believe this is such a bad system? Opinions? Proof of malfunctions? AD? Shooting their legs? What is the reason?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
You can pretty much always blame a ND on the shooter. The Serpas just seem to make it easier to do than other holsters. Many of the major training facilities have banned their use in their classes. That's not a step they would take lightly.

The other problem with the system, and there have been many reports of it, is that if you get any kind of debris in the button, it can lock your gun in the holster. Several people have had to literally cut the holster off the gun to get it out. There are many other holster systems out there that don't have any of these problems.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
It's the shooter not the holster. Plenty of internet 'experts' love to say the Glock is unsafe because it does not have a safety selector. Glocks don't go off until you put your finger on the trigger, no modern firearm of minimal value goes off until you put your finger on the trigger. If you are putting your finger on the trigger before you are ready to shoot YOU are doing it wrong, its not the pistol or the holster that is doing something wrong.

I carry a paddle SERPA at work about a 1/3 of the time, I have been in scuffles and wrestling matchs with it including in the rocks, and used it at least a hundred times at the the range; never had a problem with it---still AD/ND free. ;)

I've only read on the internet about somebody who knows somebody who got their pistol stuck in a SERPA because of debris, still waiting to hear a story like that I can beleive.

·
22 Posts
I use a Serpa Level 3 w/light system for work (Duty Holster) practice. Based on your topic you are asking about the CQC models I assume.... they are all excellent holsters and like brutusvk stated it will become second nature. Enjoy!!:)

·
Registered
624 Posts
I use the exact two holsters. And I love them too. I have used other duty holsters but this is by far my favorite.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yea. I bought the duty holster from a buddy at my academy and never had any problems out of it. I just got the little holster for my 27 and haven't gone anywhere to see how it Carey's but I'm positive I'll like it. LoL

·
Registered
83 Posts
blackwolffcf said:
Is it the holster or the shooter? Why do some believe this is such a bad system? Opinions? Proof of malfunctions? AD? Shooting their legs? What is the reason?
It's definitely the shooter! Serpa is a great holster and actually supports safe drawing with it's design, if someone is not able to keep there finger off the trigger using this holster they should not be carrying a gun!

Glove Sleeve Air gun Handgun holster Gesture

Attachments

·
I'm Back!
260 Posts
I use a level 2 serpa for work as well, I love it and have no had any problems....

I've tested it (With an empty weapon ofcourse) and pulled, tugged, yanked, banged it to see if it would actuate the trigger in any way and have not had a problem.

They are very comfortable and if you train with it, it becomes second nature and super easy to use!

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
I have been using Blackhawk Serpas for my G26, G30, XD-9 and Beretta-92 for years and years now.

Never had a single problem of any kind, ever.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts