Glock Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have use and like several serpa's but only recently did I attach the paddle on one and try it. I always carried on belt. my question is does anyone use the little hooks that grab your belt to prevent holster in place better I guess? I tried it both ways and can't see they help and only make it harder to take on and off.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
sawfiler said:
I have use and like several serpa's but only recently did I attach the paddle on one and try it. I always carried on belt. my question is does anyone use the little hooks that grab your belt to prevent holster in place better I guess? I tried it both ways and can't see they help and only make it harder to take on and off.
They are so the holster doesn't move around when you draw or reholster. They helped me when training from the holster as we do a lot of movement, but do whatever works for you. If its not necessary then I'd leave them off .

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I use them. They do help the holster from not moving when drawing. Do this: when removing the paddle, push down, tilt the holster toward your body (therefore moving the hooks out of the way of the belt) and then pull up. Once the hooks clear the belt, pull straight up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
sawfiler said:
I liked the hooks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
XGENDUCKMAN said:
I liked the hooks.
Kept everything in place......

·
Noob the forum boob
1,150 Posts
I also use the hooks keeps the holster still with no movement at all
Ymmv

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Not only will it prevent the holster from moving but it prevents the gun from being removed from your person. The point of the retention holster is to prevent successful gun grabs and your gun from falling out. If you can simply slide the paddle out then what is the purpose of the retention holster?

I use mine with the hooks though I may file down the integral hook on the paddle a little to ease taking it off a bit..,

.02¢

·
Registered
547 Posts
Not only will it prevent the holster from moving but it prevents the gun from being removed from your person. The point of the retention holster is to prevent successful gun grabs and your gun from falling out. If you can simply slide the paddle out then what is the purpose of the retention holster?

I use mine with the hooks though I may file down the integral hook on the paddle a little to ease taking it off a bit..,

.02¢
+ 1

I did a little light filing or sanding on mine, I eased up on the retention setting just a tad to ease a smooth draw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts