Sending slide to Glock to refinish.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by j102, Jul 19, 2012.

1. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Quick question guys.
    If I send my slide to Glock to refinish it, would it be free of charge?
    I know I have to pay shipping, but would Glock do it for free?
    Thanks!

2. You could all ways try calling Glock and ask them. :)

3. Nyckid211

Nyckid211 New Member

I've read that there is a charge associated with the service you are inquiring about. I believe just the barrel is $45, both slide and barrel is$70. I may be wrong, but thats from memory.
    Edit: from papertrader on fatwallet-
    ... Eventually, I stumbled on the Glock Factory Warranty Refurbishment program. There's no website or flyer, but you can call Glock to verify if you wish (770-432-1202, ask for the service department or select option #2.) Ship your item(s) with payment and a note telling them what you want done. In approximately 4-6 weeks your Glock will be returned to you. Return shipping is paid by Glock. Refinish slide $45.00 - Glock will replace the sights with new standard sights free of charge. They will leave your original sights on by request. Refinish barrel $20.00 Refinish barrel and slide $60.00 Replace Meprolight Night Sights $57.00 Inspect, replace and upgrade all internal components in the lower FREE*. * The polymer lower is the part of the Glock BATF considers a weapon. Lowers MUST be shipped by common carrier (UPS or Fedex), must be declared and must ship Priority Overnight (Fedex) or UPS Next Day Air® Early A.M.®, UPS Next Day Air®, or UPS Next Day Air Saver® (UPS). Overnight shipping is expensive so alternatively you may prefer to bring your lower to any GSSF shooting event where a Glock certified armorer will perform this service free of charge. Shipping address: GLOCK, Inc. 6000 Highlands Parkway Smyrna, GA 30082 U.S.A. Tel.: +1 770 - 432 1202

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  4. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Excellent info!
    Thanks!!

5. Nyckid211

Nyckid211 New Member

No problem bud. Thats what w'ere all here for. One day someone will ask the same question, and you'll be able to provide them the answer. Be advised, I've read that some people didn't like the refinish job. Others have said leave it as is. You can google it and read others experience, but ultimately the choice is yours. If you do get it done, let us know how it turned out.

6. darthraven0

darthraven0 New Member

What's wrong with it that you are wanting it refinished.

7. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

It's my G19 Gen 3.
    I bought it in April this year, brand new. It only has around 250 rounds through it. I bought it with the idea to use it as a range gun. I don't carry it. Shoots fine.

However, the color of the slide is not the usual Glock black color, if you know what I mean. It has no marks, no scratches, no tear and wear marks at all.
    It's just the color. I am a perfectionist. That sounds stupid, I know.
    I still haven't decided what to do.
    Thank you for all your help and opinions!

8. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

I have five more Glocks, and this one is really different in color.
    The slide it's not smooth as the other ones. If you pass your hand over is not as smooth as the other ones. I would say it is somehow sticky.
    :confused:

9. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

MikeP,
    Thank you for the file!
    If I decide to go this route, I will definitely need it.

10. Glock has changed their "finish" a couple of times. You may be in for an even bigger disappointment if you have it refinished.

Hope you don't ever carry it and get holster wear on it. I would hate to think what kind of post from you we would be reading. ;) :cool:

11. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Question guys. Could it be a finish like the one on Gen 4 Glocks?
    I don't have any Gen 4, and I haven't compared the two versions. I am just guessing.
    How is the Gen 4 finish compared to the Gen 3? If you pass your hand over it, or a paper towel, is it a bit sticky?
    Thanks again!

12. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

That's my problem. I read they send it to a third party. I am afraid it could be worse. Have you heard of anyone dissatisfied with this process?

I'll be calling Glock in the morning to discuss with them and get a better idea.

13. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Funny the only New Glock I ever bought the finish was crappy on. All my other Used Glocks (5) have great finishes on them! I have toyed with getting it cercoted or one of the other coatings in Desert Tan or something similar like a Desert MARPAT!;) But I can tell you the crappy black color on it doesn't hurt the Shooting!:D
    And of course this is always this:

http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip/430_Glock+Custom+Services/8039_Snakeskin+Finish/?return=%3ftpl%3Dindex%26category_id%3D430%26_Glock%2BCustom%2BServices%2F
    Or This seeings I plan on making this a Race Gun:
    http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descri...index&category_id=430&_Glock+Custom+Services/

14. jakedrennan45

jakedrennan45 New Member

You might want to check out the black duracoating that rockyourglock does. I'm not a fan of black guns so I polished all the metal parts on mine but I'd say the black they do looks legit, very deep dark black.

15. SteveC

SteveC New Member

Anybody who does that to their Glock doesn't deserve to own one. Those have to be the ghastliest things I've ever seen done to a gun.

16. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Everybody has an opinion! Thank you for yours but I don't think anyone will be taking mine from me;)

17. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

I think I am going to put some CLP on the slide and forget about it.

18. Nyckid211

Nyckid211 New Member

And I definitely dont knock you for that. If it doesn't affect functionality, why bother. Whatever blemishes, wear marks,etc. your gun has, it adds to it's personality! ;)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  19. darthraven0

darthraven0 New Member

Could always polish it up.