semi auto shotgun

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Glock38, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Glock38

Glock38 New Member

I'm looking at getting one and not sure where to start looking. Mods if you can help direct this I'm not sure how to on my phone app. I want at least an 8+1 capacity and seeing what everyone thinks. Thanks in advance for the help and suggestions .

2. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

What do you plan to use it for? Home defense? Hunting?

3. Glock38

Glock38 New Member

Both mostly home defense though.

4. Blaze

Blaze Active Member Supporter

image-1173647232.jpg

I just bought this mossberg 500 yesterday and did all the add on's.. I'm way pleased with it

5. Glock38

Glock38 New Member

Beautiful gun how much did it run you ?

6. Blaze

Standard $320. Added on heat shield for breacher barrel $60 side saddle $33 red/green dot $35 laser/light $13 bracket$18 blackhawk knoxx stock $50 and p.rail $10 so that's = so now 529 give are take for taxes but it's worth every penny to me

7. Glock38

Glock38 New Member

Yeah I hear ya what I buy costs more but is built to last and only thing ill carry to.

8. Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  9. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

10. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Wait, you said semi-auto shotgun. I would suggest a Benelli M4 or a Remington 1187.

11. EvilD

EvilD New Member

Mossberg 930

12. I have a Benelli M1 Super 90 and it's amazing...best tactical shotgun I've ever owned...

13. Blaze

One thing I have learned on here is, none of us agree mostly on one thing everyone likes there own thing... I suggest u go to ur store and just try them out.. Hold em play with them get a feel of all brands and choose one.. There all good in there own ways are they wouldn't make so many diff ones

14. That is what being a individual is all about. ;)

15. Blaze

Takes me time to learn and to keep my mouth shut sometimes lol .. I forget it's not just what I like ;)

16. hoovco

hoovco New Member

If you're looking for something a little different, saiga 12's are fed by box mags. I have one and it runs flawlessly. I think they run about 600 right now.

17. Glock38

Glock38 New Member

I was looking at the saigas just don't know about the relaliabilty . Thanks everyone for the input im going to my lgs tomm to look around. Just wanted to see what suggestions anyone had.

18. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

If reliability worries you, honestly, I'd suggest sticking to a pump gun. There are plenty of reliable semi auto shotguns out there, but if I were to stake my life on a shotgun it would be a good pump like a Remington 870.

19. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

I run an 870, pumps eat just about any round you feed it. It's cave man simple, very few parts to deal with compared to semi-autos and easy to use when you get some training. My 870 has a Tac Star side saddle, Magpul forend, Mesa Tactical Urbino stock. Everything was very affordable, total I put in including the 870 was probably about 400-450. Tactically, in my opinion a pump has greater benefits, easier to do a slug change over and will feed any round from low recoil to less lethal without worrying if it will cycle.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  20. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    It's based on the AK-47 one of the most reliable guns made. Only issue is good magazines. My brother has a .410 Saiga. It has one good and one bad magazine.