Self defense ammo for glock 42

Discussion in 'Self Defense' started by Joey_, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Joey_

Joey_ New Member

Not sure if there is already a thread but what do you guys that carry the g42, what ammo do you carry. Right now I'm carrying Speer JHP

zombiefox likes this.
  2. ukcats

ukcats Member

Texas
    After researching it, I decided to load my 42 with Underwood Xtreme Defender (standard pressure).

Lucian_253 likes this.

3. GARRIGA

GARRIGA Well-Known Member

Consider speaking with Underwood (if you haven't already). With the 380 there may be an advantage to +P Defender or moving to the Penetrator. For my 43. I chose +P Defender because Penetrator was too much penetration for my intended use but still went +P because I wanted more speed from the shorter barrel and it didn't sacrifice performance. Still stayed short of 18".

I was also considering the 42 and for that I was going to go XP because it didn't over penetrate beyond my comfort zone but did compensate for shorter barrel and a typically underperforming ammo.

4. Easy_CZ

Easy_CZ Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I use Underwood Xtreme Defender in my LCP II. If the little Ruger could handle +P, I'd go that route. Underwood is some good stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  5. glockin9

glockin9 Well-Known Member Supporter

I use Hornady Critical Defense 380 90 gr FTX.

6. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

That's what I carry in my lcp 2. My back up mag has Hornady 90gr XTP's in it.

7. adc100

adc100 Member Supporter

Me too.