Glock Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I absolutely don't think a Glock 17 is something I would want to carry in an AIWB position. Seems to me like it would really make lots of normal movement almost impossible, not to say uncomfortable at the least. Glock 19 might be a little better but still not what I would want to carry that way.
I have carried a Glock 19 AIWB for several years now. Quite comfortable with a proper holster. I recently started carrying my G17 with an RMR fairly often, also AIWB. I carry literally every waking hour, and my job requires lots of bending, reaching and some physical labor. The key is a well designed holster that fits your body style. As I type this, I’m sitting in my recliner wearing my G19 in a Keeper Lite from Keeper’s Concealment. As usual, I’ve been wearing it since I first got dressed this morning. Spencer Keeper makes an excellent line of AIWB holsters, and also teaches classes on appendix carry.
When I carry the G17, I use a holster from JM Custom Kydex - another company that makes a very good line of AIWB holsters.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Here's an updfate.

Please recall post #16 above, in which I mentioned that someone at the range's Glock 19 (3rd generation?) felt comfortable.

Yesterday, I went to the LGS to buy a Glock 19. They only have Generation 3. I held it with my dominant hand, but it felt uncomfortable; my middle finger's knuckle got cramped on the trigger guard. I repositioned several times, but the problem persisted. I then tried the store's Glock 17, 3rd generation, and it fit like a glove.

Can anyone help me understand the problem I'm having?

Thanks

·
Glockin’ since 1993
45,290 Posts
Here's an updfate.

Please recall post #16 above, in which I mentioned that someone at the range's Glock 19 (3rd generation?) felt comfortable.

Yesterday, I went to the LGS to buy a Glock 19. They only have Generation 3. I held it with my dominant hand, but it felt uncomfortable; my middle finger's knuckle got cramped on the trigger guard. I repositioned several times, but the problem persisted. I then tried the store's Glock 17, 3rd generation, and it fit like a glove.

Can anyone help me understand the problem I'm having?

Thanks
The 19 grip is shorter I recall that the finger groove spacing is tighter too.
I’ve never been a fan of the finger grooves and the Gen5 addresses that with getting rid of them.
You’re probably likely to get Glock knuckle which isn’t an issue most of the time unless you are shooting extended sessions.

·
Premium Member
2,979 Posts
The G19 and G17 have the same section profile, what is different is the overall height, which can make a great difference if grip feel.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts