Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first Glock. It's a Gen 4 19. It was on sale (used) from my local range. They said it was their range gun. It's in excellent cosmetic condition. But, now I'm concerned because as I've done research I've noticed people having issues with gen 4's made in 2010. My ejector number is 1882 and the spring is 034. I haven't shot it yet, but am I gonna have issues?

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Probably not. I don't imagine your range would try to pass off a lemon to a local buyer, bad for future relations. Keep an open mind & go shoot it.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I shoot two gen4's the 23 and the 21. NEVER a problem.Period.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope it's fine. I've been waiting to get a glock for a while now. I just realized that Glock in Smyrna is less than an hour away from me. So If I have any issues I can just drive out there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since I bought it used from a store, the warranty transfers over right? Is there anything I need to do to make sure I'm covered?

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I hope it's fine. I've been waiting to get a glock for a while now. I just realized that Glock in Smyrna is less than an hour away from me. So If I have any issues I can just drive out there.
No worries mate! BTW, Welcome to the forum! Enjoy!! Take a look around we have a lot of great info. here on the Gen4!

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Ummmm, the 1882 ejector is originally a 40/357 sig ejector. *** is it doing in your 9mm? The original Glock 9mm ejector from the beginning of Glock is the 336. The recent Gen4 updated ejector is 30274.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum stevem8! I hope you enjoy it and that new Glock.

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
I haven't shot it yet, but am I gonna have issues?
My Crystal Ball is not working at the moment but my best guess would be NO, you probably won't have any issues and even if you do it's probably going to be an easy fix.:D

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Ummmm, the 1882 ejector is originally a 40/357 sig ejector. *** is it doing in your 9mm? The original Glock 9mm ejector from the beginning of Glock is the 336. The recent Gen4 updated ejector is 30274.
Just for reference here is a comparison pic of my very own first Gen4 19 before and after new ejector.......

But I did stumble across this pic comparing the 40 and new 9mm ejectors.

They are very similar. Maybe using the 1882 was a method some tried to correct issues early on before Glock did them selves. You would have to research that yourself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike P said:
Just for reference here is a comparison pic of my very own first Gen4 19 before and after new ejector.......

But I did stumble across this pic comparing the 40 and new 9mm ejectors.

They are very similar. Maybe using the 1882 was a method some tried to correct issues early on before Glock did them selves. You would have to research that yourself.
Thanks for the pics. My 1882 ejector looks like your 336. So maybe that's a good thing. Since it was a range gun, I'm wondering If their gunsmith did this swap early on. That's good news!

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Mike P said:
@SteveM8, listen to MikeP's advice and research it or have an armorer take a look at it.
It's easy to fix. And your gun will be great again. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just dropped my 19 off at Glock. Was getting smashed in the face with brass and lots of stovepipes. Glad I only live 20 mins from Glock here in GA. I'm guessing I'll basically have a new glock internally in about 30 minutes. Glocks customer service has been top notch.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Just dropped my 19 off at Glock. Was getting smashed in the face with brass and lots of stovepipes. Glad I only live 20 mins from Glock here in GA. I'm guessing I'll basically have a new glock internally in about 30 minutes. Glocks customer service has been top notch.
Let us know how it turns out!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, once again Glock has amazing CS! They replaced all the internals to the latest and greatest components. My 19 was an earlier model. They've changed quite a bit from then until now. The trigger feels a lot lighter. It feels like it lost at least a pound of pull. Very smooth and not gritty anymore. Only took 40 minutes. I was having stovepipe issues, the slide wouldn't lock back after the last round was fired and erratic brass ejections. The armor said he put 60 rounds through it and not one issue. And all this for free under warranty. Can't wait to take her to the range with my new CZ 75BD :) I feel like I have 2 brand new guns!

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Good Deal. Sounds like you may have come unscrewed. Be looking forward to the range report.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Well, once again Glock has amazing CS! They replaced all the internals to the latest and greatest components. My 19 was an earlier model. They've changed quite a bit from then until now. The trigger feels a lot lighter. It feels like it lost at least a pound of pull. Very smooth and not gritty anymore. Only took 40 minutes. I was having stovepipe issues, the slide wouldn't lock back after the last round was fired and erratic brass ejections. The armor said he put 60 rounds through it and not one issue. And all this for free under warranty. Can't wait to take her to the range with my new CZ 75BD :) I feel like I have 2 brand new guns!
Good on ya, Steve! Congrats and WELCOME to the Forum and to the insidious addition to Glocks!

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
That armorer's got a good job:D.
Congrats BTW.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks! I definitely got a great deal and all turned out well. I should change the title of this post to "Very happy new customer" I'm already looking at a G26. Don't tell my wife :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts