Screwed??

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by stevem8, Jul 19, 2012.

1. stevem8

stevem8 New Member

I just bought my first Glock. It's a Gen 4 19. It was on sale (used) from my local range. They said it was their range gun. It's in excellent cosmetic condition. But, now I'm concerned because as I've done research I've noticed people having issues with gen 4's made in 2010. My ejector number is 1882 and the spring is 034. I haven't shot it yet, but am I gonna have issues?

2. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Probably not. I don't imagine your range would try to pass off a lemon to a local buyer, bad for future relations. Keep an open mind & go shoot it.

3. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I shoot two gen4's the 23 and the 21. NEVER a problem.Period.

4. stevem8

stevem8 New Member

I hope it's fine. I've been waiting to get a glock for a while now. I just realized that Glock in Smyrna is less than an hour away from me. So If I have any issues I can just drive out there.

5. stevem8

stevem8 New Member

Since I bought it used from a store, the warranty transfers over right? Is there anything I need to do to make sure I'm covered?

6. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

No worries mate! BTW, Welcome to the forum! Enjoy!! Take a look around we have a lot of great info. here on the Gen4!

7. Ummmm, the 1882 ejector is originally a 40/357 sig ejector. *** is it doing in your 9mm? The original Glock 9mm ejector from the beginning of Glock is the 336. The recent Gen4 updated ejector is 30274.

8. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum stevem8! I hope you enjoy it and that new Glock.

9. My Crystal Ball is not working at the moment but my best guess would be NO, you probably won't have any issues and even if you do it's probably going to be an easy fix.:D

10. Just for reference here is a comparison pic of my very own first Gen4 19 before and after new ejector.......

[​IMG]

But I did stumble across this pic comparing the 40 and new 9mm ejectors.

[​IMG]

They are very similar. Maybe using the 1882 was a method some tried to correct issues early on before Glock did them selves. You would have to research that yourself.

11. stevem8

stevem8 New Member

Thanks for the pics. My 1882 ejector looks like your 336. So maybe that's a good thing. Since it was a range gun, I'm wondering If their gunsmith did this swap early on. That's good news!

12. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

@SteveM8, listen to MikeP's advice and research it or have an armorer take a look at it.
    It's easy to fix. And your gun will be great again. :)

13. stevem8

stevem8 New Member

Just dropped my 19 off at Glock. Was getting smashed in the face with brass and lots of stovepipes. Glad I only live 20 mins from Glock here in GA. I'm guessing I'll basically have a new glock internally in about 30 minutes. Glocks customer service has been top notch.

14. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

Glad to hear. Let us know what they do to it.

15. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Let us know how it turns out!

16. stevem8

stevem8 New Member

Well, once again Glock has amazing CS! They replaced all the internals to the latest and greatest components. My 19 was an earlier model. They've changed quite a bit from then until now. The trigger feels a lot lighter. It feels like it lost at least a pound of pull. Very smooth and not gritty anymore. Only took 40 minutes. I was having stovepipe issues, the slide wouldn't lock back after the last round was fired and erratic brass ejections. The armor said he put 60 rounds through it and not one issue. And all this for free under warranty. Can't wait to take her to the range with my new CZ 75BD :) I feel like I have 2 brand new guns!

17. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Good Deal. Sounds like you may have come unscrewed. Be looking forward to the range report.

18. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Good on ya, Steve! Congrats and WELCOME to the Forum and to the insidious addition to Glocks!

Cheers!

19. teksid

teksid Well-Known Member

That armorer's got a good job:D.
    Congrats BTW.

20. stevem8

stevem8 New Member

Thanks! I definitely got a great deal and all turned out well. I should change the title of this post to "Very happy new customer" I'm already looking at a G26. Don't tell my wife :)