Scope lens cleaning, what to use?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pat Harmon, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Pat Harmon

Pat Harmon Well-Known Member Supporter

I have scopes on 99%of my long gun rifles. I also have a dozen or so extra scopes they were in a box of my new found dad stash. Most of the extra scopes have no covers and are kinda dusty and dirty. I didn't want to just shoot Windex or the likes on the lenses to clean them. I have sock type covers that most will be able to be in so it keeps them a little cleaner as well as covers. What's your go-to scope cleaning solutions?

2. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I use a lens pen to brush away the major dust. Then use Oakley lens cleaning solution with either the felt end of a lens pen or a microfiber lens cloth.

BTW. If you ever got or bought Oakley lens cleaner, they’ll refill for free. I had the old metal one then they replaced with the new plastic bottle as the metal ones were hard to reseal.

Lucian_253 likes this.

3. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

4. Firedog

Firedog Well-Known Member

Bayou and Southlake like this.
  5. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

I just use the disposable eyeglasses cleaning wipes. Always keep a half dozen or so in my Glock range bag and my AR range box. The good thing about them is that there is an anti-fog ingredient in the ones I usually get that help with scopes used during the Winter.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020 at 9:11 AM
    Danzig and Southlake like this.
  6. Pat Harmon

Pat Harmon Well-Known Member Supporter

To be honest,that's what I used to get the lenses on my projects scope clean. I use them on my glasses so it would work as well on the scope but it didn't get it totally clean next to the metal

Bayou, TheKraken and Southlake like this.
  7. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I also keep those on my AR bag. I use the scope brush pen to get the loose stuff, then the glasses wipes.

Bayou likes this.
  8. PaPow

PaPow Well-Known Member Supporter

NunYah
    Throw`em in the dishwasher when the wifey`s aint lookin! :p:D
    Uhhhh noooo, dont do that. :rolleyes:

I use a super fine micro fiber towels for glass, nothing more.
    Micro fiber glass cleaning towels can be bought at your local walmart.