Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I just got vertigo from a video by watching this. This made my knees feel funky, my stomach was flippin, I was quivering and shuddering.........lmao

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCYZZPwJr_c[/ame]

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wow! Unreal that they free climb that last bit....I need to go lay down. lol

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Somebody started a thread on this, or a similar video a while back. My hands get clammy just watching it.

I have always said I am not afraid of heights, I'm just afraid of falling from them.

What do these guys get paid?

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
This guy has balls of steel, period.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have a buddy who works for Progress Energy as a line/pole man. He makes about 70k a year and hes only 24. He deals with heights but only in the hundreds of feet not thousands. Scary stuff!!

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I would literally crap my pants if I looked down. You know at that height, the tower has to be swaying in the wind...

·
Registered
75 Posts
That would be a awesome job to have! I've always been a thrillseeker or daredevil. I love doing crazy and spontaneous things!

·
Registered
106 Posts
One of my buddies does this for the State of Arkansas. He works on all transmission towers for the Arkansas Highway Department and State Patrol. I believe there are 2 of those 1700' towers here, and countless shorter ones, I tried to call him to verify, but more than likely he is climbing. LOL. He sends me videos every now and then of him swinging from his harness around the tower.... like a tether ball... LOL.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
35,746 Posts
Top of the world, Ma!

I wonder if they were just up there to change a bulb.

1- bulb=1-day of work

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Hear the elder George Bush here" Ain't gonna do it, Ain't gonna doi it!" NO,NO, NEVER!!

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's two more related vids I watched. If you're scared of heights.........

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-nTcslBXpA&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsGC0lZ-5g8&feature=related[/ame]

·
Registered
324 Posts
Somebody started a thread on this, or a similar video a while back. My hands get clammy just watching it.

I have always said I am not afraid of heights, I'm just afraid of falling from them.

What do these guys get paid?
NOT ENOUGH!! There is no way I could do this! I can barely watch the video from the safety of the ground. You couldn't pay me enough to free climb like that (or climb with a safety). I would proudly admit I'm chicken on this one.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Sorry guys but that was an awesome video. I would do that job in a heart beat if given the chance.
All yours Angelkat!! All yours!!

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
nukinfuts29 said:
I tell you what you start climbing and I'll climb up behind you. If I'm going to die it won't be looking down :D
lmao she told me to respond because shes laughing too hard

1 - 20 of 55 Posts