Glock Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
My name is Delta_Petra and I am a youth pastor in Portland, Oregon.
I unfortunately do not own a Glock handgun at this time, but am eagerly waiting for the end of this month or the next for one.
So far I have enjoyed learning more about Glocks and gathering some carry tips thanks to you all in the forum. I currently own a Stoeger Cougar compact for home defense, but am working on getting my CHL soon. Knowing that the Cougar is too large of a gun to be a comfortable carry (for me), I am saving up cash in order to trade it in for a Glock 26. When that time comes I will truly be a full member of this forum.
Thank you for the welcome and I hope to fully join your ranks soon.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome Delta_Petra, Enjoy the forum and good luck on your new Glock.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Welcome to the forum Pastor, and not to worry about ownership. Most of the discussions that take place involve makes & models that I don't personally own, or own yet. Perhaps you could check out some of the local ranges around where you live, they often rent guns as a service, it could give you some hands on time with a few different Glocks.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Welcome Delta_Petra
G26 is a great gun. I love mine and carry it everyday.

You will enjoy it here. Lots of great info (multiple times)

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Delta! My EDC is a G26 and I love her. I'm sure you will like yours as well and hopefully you can get her soon. In the meantime, jump on into the conversations. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

·
Premium Member
5,920 Posts
Welcome Delta... This is an awesome place to learn... Great people too.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I am also a youth pastor, but in Columbus, GA. You can't go wrong with Glock; my EDC is a Glock 23 which I highly recommend. You can't go wrong with any Glock, but the compact frames just fit me perfectly. If you have a range nearby that rents guns, rent some and try them out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Perhaps you could check out some of the local ranges around where you live, they often rent guns as a service, it could give you some hands on time with a few different Glocks.
jimmyalbrecht said:
If you have a range nearby that rents guns, rent some and try them out.
Yeah, I should be soon. Groupon had a coupon for gun rental, range fees, 50 rounds and a target for $25. I couldn't pass it up. As soon as school lets out I will have the time to enjoy it and try out a 26 and run some extra rounds through my Cougar.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome to the forum ... ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Traded in my Cougar today and picked up the Glock 26 and an IWB holster. Very happy today. Now to save up for accessories. :D

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Congrats To You, let us know how it shoots for ya.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congrats on the 26 and welcome to the forum. Hopefully you can post some pics of your new Glock.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Very nice and mighty. Good choice of caliber too. I got a G23 myself as a home defense and range weapon, among others.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts