Saving up for EDC.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Delta_Petra, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Delta_Petra

Delta_Petra New Member

Hello all,
    My name is Delta_Petra and I am a youth pastor in Portland, Oregon.
    I unfortunately do not own a Glock handgun at this time, but am eagerly waiting for the end of this month or the next for one.
    So far I have enjoyed learning more about Glocks and gathering some carry tips thanks to you all in the forum. I currently own a Stoeger Cougar compact for home defense, but am working on getting my CHL soon. Knowing that the Cougar is too large of a gun to be a comfortable carry (for me), I am saving up cash in order to trade it in for a Glock 26. When that time comes I will truly be a full member of this forum.
    Thank you for the welcome and I hope to fully join your ranks soon.

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome Delta_Petra, Enjoy the forum and good luck on your new Glock.

3. officerX

officerX Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum!

4. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Welcome to the forum Pastor, and not to worry about ownership. Most of the discussions that take place involve makes & models that I don't personally own, or own yet. Perhaps you could check out some of the local ranges around where you live, they often rent guns as a service, it could give you some hands on time with a few different Glocks.

5. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Welcome Delta_Petra
    G26 is a great gun. I love mine and carry it everyday.

You will enjoy it here. Lots of great info (multiple times)

6. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum Delta! My EDC is a G26 and I love her. I'm sure you will like yours as well and hopefully you can get her soon. In the meantime, jump on into the conversations. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

7. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome Delta... This is an awesome place to learn... Great people too.

8. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Welcome to the forum! I am also a youth pastor, but in Columbus, GA. You can't go wrong with Glock; my EDC is a Glock 23 which I highly recommend. You can't go wrong with any Glock, but the compact frames just fit me perfectly. If you have a range nearby that rents guns, rent some and try them out.

9. Delta_Petra

Delta_Petra New Member

Yeah, I should be soon. Groupon had a coupon for gun rental, range fees, 50 rounds and a target for $25. I couldn't pass it up. As soon as school lets out I will have the time to enjoy it and try out a 26 and run some extra rounds through my Cougar.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  10. Welcome to the forum ... ;)

11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

12. Delta_Petra

Delta_Petra New Member

Traded in my Cougar today and picked up the Glock 26 and an IWB holster. Very happy today. Now to save up for accessories. :D

13. Dan75719

Dan75719 New Member

Congrats! Welcome to the glock world. The 26 is a great choice!

14. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Congrats To You, let us know how it shoots for ya.

15. Stranger23

Stranger23 New Member

Congrats on the 26 and welcome to the forum. Hopefully you can post some pics of your new Glock.

16. Delta_Petra

Delta_Petra New Member

Here are some pictures. I had to bend the clip so it wouldn't come with the gun when I drew. The retention was insanely tight.

Attached Files:

17. Stranger23

Stranger23 New Member

Very nice and mighty. Good choice of caliber too. I got a G23 myself as a home defense and range weapon, among others.