Glock Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Glock 17 gen 3 and I recently purchased Zafirri slide and barrel. As I'm pretty new to firearm ownership I watched multiple videos on how to set up and install all the parts. For the most part it was pretty easy. The 2 issues I had were a screw for the RMR cut plate seemed to be partially obstructing the extractor depressor plunger and spring. I think solved it by filing the screw a bit for better clearance. The issue now is that the safety plunger doesn't want to come out. The plunger springs forward and back freely but it doesn't seem to want to come out all the way. I wanted to test fit all the parts first so I didn't bother to clean or lube anything at first but now it doesn't seem to come out. I won't be able to go to the range for a few weeks so I won't be able to test it out anything for a while so is there anything you'd recommend to test functionality and safety?

TLDR: Safety plunger won't come out of hole but seems to moving properly. Also any tips for functionality and safety check after installing all the new parts?

Gun specs:
Glock 17 gen 3
Zafirri Slide and Barrel along with provided completion parts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did it function fire with OEM parts?
Yes, but I have to wear the dunce hat on this one. I've figured out the issue and its been resolved I was trying to remove the safety plunger without first removing the striker so of course it was it getting stuck. I haven't had a chance to test any of the new aftermarket parts at the range though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts