Glock Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
My 81 Python has been carried for many years in a Safariland flap elk suede lined holster. Only a slight bluing loss on the bottom by the frame/crane, been very happy with it. My Glock 23 is carried in a Safariland 7377-83 and I have not noticed any wear on the finish.

· Registered
9 Posts
My humble Houston Eco leather holster has not damaged any of my handguns as of today, I wear it easily 10/12 hours a day and still all look as new, that material is quite friendly with gun finishes. I have a couple of leather holsters but are for Sunday drives.

· Registered
4 Posts
No joke there, sure wish Glock would bring back their 'frying pan finish' they used to have (2008?)....that was TOUGH. This current finish seems kind of wimpy.
I believe the finish is the issue. Mine is a 2004 and has resided in kydex holsters while a range safety officer and now my CCW IWB Crossbreed holster. No noticable wear on the slide. See below.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

FWIW, Glock gave me a new bottom frame when after the frame broke at the slide lock spring. They were great and fast. The only downside was the cost of having to ship it overnight to Glock and then, since the frame had a new serial number, the California 10 day wait and transfer fee by the LGS.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts