Sad day for my G19

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Glock897, May 29, 2012.

1. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Got my pre paid FedEx shipping label from Glock and will shipping my G19 to Glock for some TLC. Hopefully they can fix the issues I've had with erratic ejections, FTF, and FTE. I was told it may take 4-6 weeks, but I'm hoping I get it back much sooner.

On a happier note, I should be picking up my new Glock 26 any day now.

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

We'll pray for her! Congrats in advance on the new family member!

3. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

+1 couldn't have said it better myself :)

4. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Thanks dutchs and longbeard

5. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

Bummer bro! Sorry if I'm not up to speed on your pistol but what gen is yours?

6. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure GLOCK Will take good care of her & you!! ;)

7. Glock897

Glock897 Member

It's a Gen 3. I've only had it for a month and a half and have been having a ton of issues. I'm a retired LEO and had a Glock 19 Gen 2 my whole career and never had 1 issue. So I say with 100% confidence that I AM NOT LIMP WRISTING! ;) I only say that because that was Glocks first response when I called, next they asked what grain I was using. Then they asked what my serial # was. Once I told them they said they would send me a shipping label. Makes me wonder since I read that serial #'s starting with R and S are having issues. Mine starts with S.

8. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

I did hear some were having ejector problems, I don't remember what thread it was but someone a whole back posted pics of the two different ejectors the problem one and the good/new ones.

Hope they get it back to you soon!!!

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  9. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Thanks Everyone!
    I've read online a ton of different ideas. Ejector, extractor, a combination of both...etc
    I'll keep everyone posted.

10. Since when do gen 3s have those issues? Thats gen4 territory. Always with the same ammo?

11. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

I heard some gen 3's had the same problem but I am just going of threads I've read my gen 3 has had no problems.

12. Glock897

Glock897 Member

It's happened with all different ammo, WWB, federal champion, Tula, American eagle, Sellier and Bellot

13. Glock897

Glock897 Member

What does your serial number start with?

14. Welp then u are probably right lol. Or limp wristing....

I kid i kid lol

15. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Ditto!!!! I hate when one of my women goes out of commission...:(

16. Glock897

Glock897 Member

I hear you. As long as they fix it and I get it back in a reasonable amount of time. Its frustrating when it's not working right.

17. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Sorry to hear of your 19's ailments.. Wishing her a fast recuperation.

18. Tbone

Tbone New Member

Now I have a stupid question. Just bought a 19 gen 4 with some of the same problems. Since I just sent in the registry card will they let me know of problems based on the serial number or do I have to make the call. Sorry not trying to sabatage the thread.

19. You can give them or us the stampings on the ejector.

20. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Mine has a 336 ejector on it. I wonder if they'll change it.

I dropped it off at FedEx earlier. I didn't feel very comfortable giving a pistol to a stranger, but I did get a receipt. Glock hooked me up with pre paid overnight shipping. It's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow by 10:30am. I keep checking the tracking #.