Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want some honest feed back please. I have the chance to buy one for $175 in fairly new shape. Yay, nay?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sigmas are the entry/economy line of Smith. M&P is the workhorse. The Sigma has a LONG and CREEPY trigger pull. It is RIDICULOUS. At least a few months ago, if you purchased one you could mail it back to them and get a trigger job done for free. Or you could get a few free mags. I think any product you buy and need to immediately send back as an option to make it function well is a no go. I heard they had to change part of the design of the trigger bar because of near copyright infringement of Glock.

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
Sigmas are the entry/economy line of Smith. M&P is the workhorse. The Sigma has a LONG and CREEPY trigger pull. It is RIDICULOUS. At least a few months ago, if you purchased one you could mail it back to them and get a trigger job done for free. Or you could get a few free mags. I think any product you buy and need to immediately send back as an option to make it function well is a no go. I heard they had to change part of the design of the trigger bar because of near copyright infringement of Glock.
If I'm not mistaken didn't Glock's Gen4's have issues when they were first released as well?? Does that diminish the value of the Gen 4's? Not IMO, they are still reliable, and fun to shoot. Just trying to play devil's advocate for a second....
Want some honest feed back please. I have the chance to buy one for $175 in fairly new shape. Yay, nay?
If it's used, I'd ask to shoot it. If it feels right...buy it. Guns are a personal extension of us and they should feel natural to hold and shoot.

just my

·
Glock and AR15 Lover!
14 Posts
I own one, for a range gun. It has a long hard trigger pull, but it shoots everything. Mine is a 9mm and you field strip it just like a Glock. I agree if it shoots and you like it, buy it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just traded my 1 year old Sigma in for brand new Glock 17 gen 4. The gun shop gave me $200.00 credit for my Sigma and I was very grateful to get that much.

I could never get use to that awful trigger pull. It is said to have a 10 -12 pound trigger pull depending who you ask. I talked to two different security guards who actually carry the 40 Cal sigma and they had no problems with the trigger pull, however, they were previously issued revolvers.

I also had problems with the gun from the day I first shot it with it failing to eject. This would happen no matter what brand of bullets that I purchased. I decided this was a liability and decided to send the firearm back to S&W to have the matter repaired. I also mention the problems with the trigger pull. They promptly repair the gun by replacing the extractor. However, the failed to remedy the trigger issue.

This is when I decided to buy a Glock, the firearm that I wanted in the first place. The gun shop was out of Blue Label G19 so I decided to go with the G17. They offered me $200.00 in store credit for my Sigma and I walked out of the shop with a brand new Glock for around $250.00 and I am very happy.

The Sigma is now discontinued and has been replaced by the SD series. The Sigma was around $300.00 brand new. At one time they were marketing them for $250.00 after rebate. I would offer the person selling the Sigma $150.00 and see if they would accept your offer. I got lucky with trading my Sigma in. A lot of Gun Shops only offered me $100 in trade for my Sigma and everyone of them was not interested in buying it straight out without making a purchase.

Let us know how this goes for you.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Topher! Glad you are happy with your Glock!! Enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies folks. This has really helped. I'm going to grab it. I don't have a very large gun fund, so I don't like to pass up something I can afford like that. I figure if I really don't like it, I'm sure I can make my money back. I know plenty of entry level gun enthusiasts that would like it if I don't. As long as it isn't dangerous. Most of my friends wouldn't care if it did jam once out of fifty. I will only settle for about one out of 500 if that makes sense for a "cheap" gun.

·
Registered
285 Posts
bigben said:
Thanks for all the replies folks. This has really helped. I'm going to grab it. I don't have a very large gun fund, so I don't like to pass up something I can afford like that. I figure if I really don't like it, I'm sure I can make my money back. I know plenty of entry level gun enthusiasts that would like it if I don't. As long as it isn't dangerous. Most of my friends wouldn't care if it did jam once out of fifty. I will only settle for about one out of 500 if that makes sense for a "cheap" gun.
Other than the trigger pull I think that pistol is a Glock "knockoff". Glock sued s&w because that pistol is so similar to the Glock. So it's not a bad gun at all. Just not a short light trigger pull like some would like. But there are mods floating around the Internet to get the pull down.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Oh yea and they have a heavy trigger pull because of the Glock lawsuit. Since they used Glocks trigger design s&w was forced to ship the guns with the extra weight trigger. Just by removing an extra spring in the trigger you can get it down a good bit!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.