Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought one today, the optics ready model.
I have had several AR-15 rifles throughout the years, but found myself lately with no AR-15 rifle (I have an AR9 pistol).
It has good reviews and for the money it is a nice rifle.
So far, I’m looking at replacing the stock, pistol grip and handguard with Magpul parts, as well as, getting some iron sights and a red dot for it.

Who has one?

·
Registered
980 Posts
" I’m looking at replacing the stock, pistol grip and handguard to Magpul parts, as well as, getting some iron sights and a red dot for it."

Congrats on the AR,nice thing about the platform is it's legos for adults, have a ball.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don’t know if I should install the Magpul MBUS Gen 2 polymer sights or not. The front sight will sit directly on top of the gas block.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
I don’t know if I should install the Magpul MBUS Gen 2 polymer sights or not. The front sight will sit directly on top of the gas block.
What about installing some flip up/down angled ones instead ?

·
Glockin’ since 1993
35,918 Posts
Yep. I’ll probably go with the DD sights.
Since it has been awhile since I’ve handled a S&W Sport 2, is the railed gas block same plane as the receiver rail or lower gas block height?
At my old job we usually put on Aim Sports metal flip ups for either block.
Decent quality, all metal and inexpensive.

·
Premium Member
12,888 Posts
Does the OR not have a fixed front sight?

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Since it has been awhile since I’ve handled a S&W Sport 2, is the railed gas block same plane as the receiver rail or lower gas block height?
At my old job we usually put on Aim Sports metal flip ups for either block.
Decent quality, all metal and inexpensive.
Yes, same plane as the receiver rail.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts