Ruger Superblackhawk .44 Magnum!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by jimmyalbrecht, May 26, 2012.

1. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

So my friend's dad let us shoot his .44 mag today. Needless to say, I was super excited because it was the first time I've shot a handgun that large. You can hear the excitement in my voice and see it on my face. I bought a bottle of Ginger Ale from Wal-Mart, and this was the effect haha.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmC1i-KtACY[/ame]

I also messed around with my .357 mag on a milk jug full of water. It is a pretty awesome display, but puny compared to the .44 mag lol.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTRzwvQKVmQ[/ame]

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Sounds like fun jimmy !

3. jimmyalbrecht

It was! It was an honor to shoot that gun. It has been used to slay many deer. I now understand why haha. That thing had extreme power.

4. An just think, the .50 ae has 60% more power then the .44 mag and even more with the .500. Big magnum hand canons are a blast to shoot. An those big caliber hand guns are pretty darn accurate and with the energy transfer from the bullet, it is usually a one shot stopper.

They might not be the most tactical and piratical pistols out there but boooy they sure do destroy what they hit.

Only down side is the cost of the ammo to feed it regularly lol. :p

5. jimmyalbrecht

I definitely want to shoot the Desert Eagle in .50 AE next.

6. It will put a grin ear to ear on ya! :D

I'm waiting to get my hands on a .500 next. Might be a looong wait. If you look a .357 mag fired threw a ballistic block, it still looks like a wicked round.

How did the recoil feel on the .44 mag? You had the same reaction I have seen every body have shooting a hard hitting round lol. Its just awesome one person can have that much power in a hand gun!:)

7. jimmyalbrecht

The .357 is no joke for sure. To be honest not that bad. The gun was heavy and had a long barrel. My .357 snub nose hurt my hand more. I would however not want to shoot a .44 snub nose haha.

8. Hollen

Hollen New Member

And just think they make a .500 snub nose!! I have the .500 with about a 10inch barrel with the top ports. Honestly kicks less than my s&w .44 mag.

9. jimmyalbrecht

You have lots of awesome guns, I'm going shooting with you next time lol.

10. Hollen

Hollen New Member

Lol I'd up for a good day of shooting. Gun or an addiction for me as it is for many of us on here lol. Unfortunately I have to work a whole lot to keep up lol. But to me it's worth it in the end.

image-1981055556.jpg

But out of all the guns I have thats my favorite lol. Took a long time to save up for that one my brother put down the 2,000 so he can shoot it whenever lol don't blame him.

11. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

Jimmy, where in Georgia do you hail from? I also had a new model super Blackhawk 44.....I miss it tremendously (I sold it last year).....but it was for a good reason so I can't complain

12. GlockIt

GlockIt Carry on my friends!!!!

I got a black hawk in the safe and love it!!! I would like to take a deer with it this year.

13. jimmyalbrecht

I'm in Columbus, GA. If you don't know where that is, go to the middle of the state and hang a left. I'm right on the border of Alabama.

14. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Just a thught. You guys should take a look at the line in the post page that says group and click on it and we have a group just for Georgia Glock owneres with a buch of people and conversation. Not being nosey, just trying to help if you didn't know about the group section.Thanks

15. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

Gotcha....I'm on the other side (Athens)

16. jimmyalbrecht

Yep, I have family in Athens and my mom is a huge Georgia fan so we visit there from time to time.

17. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

Gotta love them Dawgs!! Lol

18. jimmyalbrecht

I'm personally an Auburn fan, but that is for another thread lol. Back on topic, anyone else have a .44 mag? I think I'm in love haha. Pics or videos would be appreciated.

19. Hollen

Hollen New Member

Heres my s&w collection.

image-1602116537.jpg

From top to bottom
    .500 mag
    .44 mag
    .44 special
    .41 mag

image-3334878344.jpg

.45 long colt
    .357 mag