Glock Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a brand new Ruger SR9C shortly after I turned 21. I do love it and all, but I need the money more for my car.

Anyway, after I get things settled I'm going to buy a Glock 19. I really like the Glock for the vast amount of aftermarket upgrades and accessories. I also plan on using it for concealed carry when I obtain my license.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
HazmatJeff said:
I bought a brand new Ruger SR9C shortly after I turned 21. I do love it and all, but I need the money more for my car.

Anyway, after I get things settled I'm going to buy a Glock 19. I really like the Glock for the vast amount of aftermarket upgrades and accessories. I also plan on using it for concealed carry when I obtain my license.
Trying posting it in the classified thread. There is also a sticky outlining the rules for selling something..

On that note what state are you in? Any pics?

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I realize after I submitted the thread that the title was misleading. I wasn't trying to sell it on here.

I took it to a pawn shop and they offered me $250. I'm taking it to a gun shop tomorrow to see what they'd give me. I got it at cabelas and paid way too much ($500) and hopefully I'll get a bit more for it there. I'm in Maine.

Attachments

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
HazmatJeff said:
I realize after I submitted the thread that the title was misleading. I wasn't trying to sell it on here.

I took it to a pawn shop and they offered me $250. I'm taking it to a gun shop tomorrow to see what they'd give me. I got it at cabelas and paid way too much ($500) and hopefully I'll get a bit more for it there. I'm in Maine.
No problem! Nice firearm, good luck!

·
Registered
836 Posts
I had the full size version, but sold it shortly after purchase. Nice gun. Good price. Shot ok, but WAY too many cons vs. pros for me! IMO, not even on the same planet with a Glock!

·
Registered
836 Posts
What were the pros and cons for you?
First, I'm not saying the SR9 is a hunk of junk, it just wasn't the gun for me. To each his own. Just my experience.

Pros: Great price! I've seen them NIB for $349!
It was a good shooter.

Cons: Matte stainless slide(I know now they're available in black)
Too large to conceal well(I know, I should've got the compact)
Never really liked the grips.
1911 style manual safety.
Loaded chamber indicator WAY too large and on top of slide.
Magazine disconnect safety.
Limited aftermarket support.

This is just my experience with this pistol, so I suggest shooting one before buying. It may be the gun for you. Hope this helps!

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
glocker73 said:
First, I'm not saying the SR9 is a hunk of junk, it just wasn't the gun for me. To each his own. Just my experience.

Pros: Great price! I've seen them NIB for $349!
It was a good shooter.

Cons: Matte stainless slide(I know now they're available in black)
Too large to conceal well(I know, I should've got the compact)
Never really liked the grips.
1911 style manual safety.
Loaded chamber indicator WAY too large and on top of slide.
Magazine disconnect safety.
Limited aftermarket support.

This is just my experience with this pistol, so I suggest shooting one before buying. It may be the gun for you. Hope this helps!
I dislike the look of the SR9, that's why I got the SR9C. it has a more aggressive look to it. The mag disconnect is easy to remove though!

·
Registered
836 Posts
I dislike the look of the SR9, that's why I got the SR9C. it has a more aggressive look to it. The mag disconnect is easy to remove though!
Totally agree! But after shooting my G26, Walther PPQ and PPS, it's hard to go back to the Ruger! Just not the same quality and feel. Jmo.

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I really wanted a Glock, but I was really stubborn at the time. I went to Cabela's and I was hell bent on leaving with a gun. For only $30 more I could have got a Glock 19 the next day at another gun shop.

:/

·
Registered
836 Posts
I really wanted a Glock, but I was really stubborn at the time. I went to Cabela's and I was hell bent on leaving with a gun. For only $30 more I could have got a Glock 19 the next day at another gun shop.

:/
Ouch! What did u pay for it at Cabela's? If you don't mind my asking? I paid $495 out the door for my SR9 at my LGS. I shot about 200 rounds thru it, then sold it. Took a $100 loss, but that's how it goes! Bought my G26 two weeks later. So, a year later, I've put roughly 1,400 rounds thru it with no problems. I've recently bought my wife a Walther PPS 9mm for EDC and WE love it! Then two weeks after that, I bought a Walther PPQ 9mm and its got the BEST striker fire trigger I've ever put my finger on! It's our home defense/range plinker.

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually, I paid the same as you for it. I'm hoping to be able to find someone to trade it for a G19 and I'll give a little cash.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Actually, I paid the same as you for it. I'm hoping to be able to find someone to trade it for a G19 and I'll give a little cash.
I'm sure you can find a trade, but you may have to give more than a little cash! A local gun shop 30 mins from me had a huge sale on the SR9/40 a few months ago for $349 NIB! So, trade-in value on a used gun is gonna be low! My suggestion would be is to do a private sale(if you can legally where you live). When I sold mine to a co-worker, I took a .380 pistol and cash, then sold the .380. I still lost about $100! That was the best deal I could get. A gun or pawn shop are gonna low ball you cause they can! If you're not against getting a used G19, you could get a deal done a lot cheaper than buying a new one. Just like buying a new car, once you drive it off the lot, it's considered a USED car! JMO.

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm sure you can find a trade, but you may have to give more than a little cash! A local gun shop 30 mins from me had a huge sale on the SR9/40 a few months ago for $349 NIB! So, trade-in value on a used gun is gonna be low! My suggestion would be is to do a private sale(if you can legally where you live). When I sold mine to a co-worker, I took a .380 pistol and cash, then sold the .380. I still lost about $100! That was the best deal I could get. A gun or pawn shop are gonna low ball you cause they can! If you're not against getting a used G19, you could get a deal done a lot cheaper than buying a new one. Just like buying a new car, once you drive it off the lot, it's considered a USED car! JMO.
Yup, I tried a local pawn shop and they offered me $250. I had made a deal a month or so ago with a guy on here for $330 and he never got back to me. When I said a little cash I meant like $100. Not sure if that's a little to you. I was going to trade it with a guy on here but his was stainless on the sides of the slide and on the barrel. If I'm selling my only handgun and putting money in, I want to get something that I actually want. So that will be a G19 in stock form. Used is okay, but new is obviously better. However, beggars can't be choosers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.