Ruger SR22

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by ParteePants, Mar 26, 2012.

1. ParteePants

ParteePants New Member

I was looking at the Ruger SR22 online today and was thinking about possibly getting one sometime in the distant future just for cheap recreational shooting. Anyone have one or have used one? How reliable is it? Is it worth the $350 they're asking?

2. My wife has one and loves it. It is very accurate out of the box. I've shot it and it handle very well. It comes with two different grips.

3. Ogre

Ogre New Member

I'm thinking an SR22 or a Ruger Charger myself.

4. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

A friend of mine got the Walther P22 and like it, but told me he found out that it is not very accurate past 30 feet. Hopefully the Ruger SR22 is better.

5. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

I have one it is awesome! Very accurate and well built. Will shoot bulk ammo as well

Oh and you can get it for less then $350. I paid 300+tax at gun show. Online they have it for 300 and then you know the ffl fee which is around 25$

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
  6. ParteePants

ParteePants New Member

My buddy's wife got the P22 awhile back. He said it doesn't do well with cheap ammo. Have you had any problems with that?

7. ParteePants

ParteePants New Member

Oh, i guess I didn't read that closely enough. It was your friend's gun not yours lol.

8. BocaDan

BocaDan New Member

9. BocaDan

BocaDan New Member

10. cvitter

cvitter New Member

I just unloaded a Smith and Wesson 22A-1 target pistol two weeks ago and used the trade in towards my G34. It was a nice gun but not really my style. Ultimately I would like a Glock 22 conversion at some point down the road but the Ruger SR22 is looking pretty good for a lot less money. I would love to try one out.

11. ParteePants

ParteePants New Member

I thought about the conversion kit but it's so expensive! It is around the same price as the Ruger! I don't see much sense in increasing the wear and tear on my Glock if I could just buy another gun for the same price.

12. Ogre

Ogre New Member

Have not heard anything negative. Its less finicky on ammo than most, at least as comparable to the diet of the Mark series pistols. And make sure your ammo is seated in the mag.