Glock Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,552 Posts
Love mine. Positive experience all the way around.
I will take a new gun and run it like a rented mule from a man I hate. It broke at about the 350-400 round mark. Trigger wouldn't reset. Called Ruger, it was when the covid pandemonium started, and told them my story. Sent it in and got it back in about 3 weeks, not sure it wasn't to the day. It held up though a full 500 round pound session, I prefer 1000 but times is tough, and shoots everything I have fed it so far.
The only thing I don't really like about it is the 9MM. It is SA, so don't try to outsmart the safeties, or do so at your own peril. Solid offering.
I've sent some 124 HST, and 124+P Goldens Saber down it, but the thing shoots the 147 gr Ranger so well and I got a great deal on half a case, they get the nod for when I opt for the Ruger. I ordered a couple of 17round mags from Ruger and really think I did the right thing there.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love mine. Positive experience all the way around.
I will take a new gun and run it like a rented mule from a man I hate. It broke at about the 350-400 round mark. Trigger wouldn't reset. Called Ruger, it was when the covid pandemonium started, and told them my story. Sent it in and got it back in about 3 weeks, not sure it wasn't to the day. It held up though a full 500 round pound session, I prefer 1000 but times is tough, and shoots everything I have fed it so far.
The only thing I don't really like about it is the 9MM. It is SA, so don't try to outsmart the safeties, or do so at your own peril. Solid offering.
I've sent some 124 HST, and 124+P Goldens Saber down it, but the thing shoots the 147 gr Ranger so well and I got a great deal on half a case, they get the nod for when I opt for the Ruger. I ordered a couple of 17round mags from Ruger and really think I did the right thing there.
Kind of jealous you can have magazine that round capacity. Unfortunately I am in communist New Jersey where we are limited to 10 rounds. Thanks for the feed back

· Registered
1,552 Posts
Kind of jealous you can have magazine that round capacity. Unfortunately I am in communist New Jersey where we are limited to 10 rounds. Thanks for the feed back
IIRC, y'all can't even have HP. I have run more than a few Federal EFMJ and they work fine, especially in my FN that choked on HP. That is the reason I sought them out. Hornady Critical Defense and Critical Duty feed quite well in it and are the load out for that one these days. I was thinking those two rounds skirted the HP restrictions, but could be off base.
Happy Shopping.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IIRC, y'all can't even have HP. I have run more than a few Federal EFMJ and they work fine, especially in my FN that choked on HP. That is the reason I sought them out. Hornady Critical Defense and Critical Duty feed quite well in it and are the load out for that one these days. I was thinking those two rounds skirted the HP restrictions, but could be off base.
Happy Shopping.
Thank you. As far as ammo goes I just get what my local shop has. I could order anything online but I really enjoy supporting local. With going to a shop I always learn something new

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
I have a Ruger P89DC that is kind of like a chubby 1911 but has been 100% reliable no matter what ammo I feed it.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..............
My cheap ass non-gun guy brother bought a P95 for $250 brand new for police academy. Used it for duty and even went through SWAT school with it. Ended up selling it to another cop years later for $250.
Rugers tend to work.

· Banned
995 Posts
My cheap ass non-gun guy brother bought a P95 for $250 brand new for police academy. Used it for duty and even went through SWAT school with it. Ended up selling it to another cop years later for $250.
Rugers tend to work.
Like the old ad for Timex watches, "Takes a licking and keeps on ticking". :)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp............

· Registered
1,552 Posts
I have a Ruger P89DC that is kind of like a chubby 1911 but has been 100% reliable no matter what ammo I feed it.
Rugers tend to work.
The P89 and P95 were like shooting a bread box. Couldn't break it, reliable as dirt.

· Banned
995 Posts
The P89 and P95 were like shooting a bread box. Couldn't break it, reliable as dirt.
I have a friend that likes to build hot loads for his 9mm handguns which include a couple Glocks, a couple Berettas, a Taurus 905 revolver and a P89 like mine.
He tests all new loads in the P89 first. Hasn't blown it up yet though he did decide not to try a couple loads in his other handguns after shooting them through the Ruger. They just felt too hot he told me. :)

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
I have a friend that likes to build hot loads for his 9mm handguns which include a couple Glocks, a couple Berettas, a Taurus 905 revolver and a P89 like mine.
He tests all new loads in the P89 first. Hasn't blown it up yet though he did decide not to try a couple loads in his other handguns after shooting them through the Ruger. They just felt too hot he told me. :)
I had a buddy that would roll his own.44 mag. We shot it through his 9” Ruger Super Redhawk.
😳 both of us were dizzy after 2 cylinders. Probably too hot.

· Banned
995 Posts
I had a buddy that would roll his own.44 mag. We shot it through his 9” Ruger Super Redhawk.
😳 both of us were dizzy after 2 cylinders. Probably too hot.
LOL Sounds like my dad. If a recommended max powder charge was 6.7gr he saw no harm in rounding it up to an even 7gr.
When I got my 45-70 he told me I should have gotten the 45-120 so I could load heavier bullets and hotter powder charges.
Thanks but no thanks, the 45-70 thumps my shoulder just fine. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.