Glock Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a buddy of mine has this ruger p89 9mm and it has a failure to eject alot.does anybody know what parts to fix or replace .ps i told him my advice was sell'em and go buy a Glock and move on.

·
Banned
767 Posts
Thats some good advice lol, but if the firearm is operating correctly, and the spent shells arent being pulled out of the chamber, check the extractor.... or if he has a non-stock RSA (recoil spring assembly) and the spring strength is too great for the ammo he is using, that could be another reason why his firearm may not be cycling properly everytime, if that is the issue.

·
1,310 Posts
kulok77 said:
a buddy of mine has this ruger p89 9mm and it has a failure to eject alot.does anybody know what parts to fix or replace .ps i told him my advice was sell'em and go buy a Glock and move on.
Has he called Ruger tech support? I have always had great support from them. They, like Glock, stand by their guns.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as I know it does not pull the spent,but feeds a new round in to the back of it

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Has he called Ruger tech support? I have always had great support from them. They, like Glock, stand by their guns.
The last time i tried to contact them you had to do it by email, they were so backlogged with orders they put a recording on the phone to do the email thing as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts