Glock Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have one? I really like the design and slimness of the gun. It fit's my hand nice as I held it several months ago. I wouldn't even be considering of getting one except I had recently received a $200.00 gift card to my LGS and that would cut the price down to about $175. Does anybody have one and recomend one? I really don't mind the double action trigger pull as I carry and shoot a 340pd with full power .357 loads.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I would say if you can handle the heavy trigger and crappy sights, then I say go for it! Not the gun for me though. Take a look at the Kahr CM9 or the Walther PPS. JMO.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
I'm not a fan of the trigger pull. It just "feels" too long. BUT, if it works for you, it's a quality piece.
I prefer the feel of the Kahr or the Ruger, but that's just me.

YMMV,

D

·
Registered
391 Posts
I really looked at several small 9s recently. I looked at at LC9, Kahr CM9, S&W Shield, and the Beretta Nano. I disqualified the LC9 because of the trigger pull, hammer, and redundant safeties. The CM9 only came with one mag and I did not like the feel of it. The Shield was nice but was a little larger than I wanted. Picked the Nano and am really enjoying it. I have a thread about my choice and initial reviews of the Nano. If you read other forums and watch youtube videos about the Nano you will read and see extractor issues. Beretta admits that around 50 of the first 6000 had slightly straight extractors and would have problems with cheap underpowered ammo. These were from the same lot and have been repaired. The newest ones do not have this problem. As my thread showed my initial range visit I shot 253 assorted cheap ammo and had one fail to eject with the Winchester White Box during a long series of off hand shooting. This may have been a WWB problem or a limp wrist issue on my part. The other 102 out of 103 WWB shot fine, the Nano even shot 100 for 100 with Tulammo. I would say go with the Beretta Nano, the S&W Shield, or the Kahr CM9. They have all been vetted by many people. The Kahr may not be as expensive as the PM9 but it comes with only one magazine and the slide release and other parts feel cheap and aren't milled enough (the slide release almost cut my thumb because of sharp edges). The cost of the CM9 when added the the cost of an additional magazine plus the time I would spend finishing what Kahr should have done in production disqualified it from my list. The shield had two problems for me, the size and the hinge trigger.

Go hold each one I listed and check for yourself. Things I didn't like about some of these guns may not be a factor for you. You will be the one to carry it and you should be confident in your choice.

·
Happy Member :)
5,227 Posts
I have an lc9 and the only issue with it is the trigger pull. I like the firearm all in all though. Perfect for cc. It just sucks finding accessories for it especially with a laser on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts