Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering going back to my local dealer where I bought my LC9-LM and trading it in for a new SR9c. I have had it a few months, have put maybe a few hundred rounds through it. I have two extra magazines - it's pretty much like new... as new as it can be with being fired a few hundred times. Also have a stainless steel guide rod & 20 lb. springs (vs. the 16lb. originals) which I doubt will matter at all to the dealer... I'd likely be better off just putting it back to original before trying to trade in. It's been cleaned very well every time I came back from the range.
Can anyone tell me (based on experience or knowledge) what I can or should expect (roughly) on a trade? The LC9-LM and SR9c sell for about the same price new ($5 difference). I know a gun depreciates the moment you buy it whether it's ever been used or not... just wondering if it will even be worth it to trade in? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have found it better to sale to a person rather than a dealer.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
casey97 said:
Thanks... I've wondered that. Afraid to sell to some nut or whatever. I'm thinking I may just keep it. Good gun to keep in my car.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Me and my girlfriend just recently shot the SR9 and we botched loved it, she now wants one

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
casey97 said:
Btw, nice avatar. Seems like the day may come when they try... I hope it never comes to that.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
glocknloaded said:
Me and my girlfriend just recently shot the SR9 and we botched loved it, she now wants one
I was looking at it in June... my wife and daughter wanted to get me a father's day gift (gun).,, decided in an XD9 subcompact. Now I still want the SR9c...! The LC9 is very nice, but it's not as easy to 'point & shoot' accurately as my G19 & the XD...

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
PeacefulWarrior said:
I was looking at it in June... my wife and daughter wanted to get me a father's day gift (gun).,, decided in an XD9 subcompact. Now I still want the SR9c...! The LC9 is very nice, but it's not as easy to 'point & shoot' accurately as my G19 & the XD...
I think I'll be buying the SR9 for my GF, I really enjoyed shooting it

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
glocknloaded said:
I think I'll be buying the SR9 for my GF, I really enjoyed shooting it
It's a nice handgun. Hickok45 (YouTube) did a nice review and got me interested.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
PeacefulWarrior said:
It's a nice handgun. Hickok45 (YouTube) did a nice review and got me interested.
Thanks for the heads up I didn't know that, gonna watch it now

·
Registered
149 Posts
PeacefulWarrior said:
I am considering going back to my local dealer where I bought my LC9-LM and trading it in for a new SR9c. I have had it a few months, have put maybe a few hundred rounds through it. I have two extra magazines - it's pretty much like new... as new as it can be with being fired a few hundred times. Also have a stainless steel guide rod & 20 lb. springs (vs. the 16lb. originals) which I doubt will matter at all to the dealer... I'd likely be better off just putting it back to original before trying to trade in. It's been cleaned very well every time I came back from the range.
Can anyone tell me (based on experience or knowledge) what I can or should expect (roughly) on a trade? The LC9-LM and SR9c sell for about the same price new ($5 difference). I know a gun depreciates the moment you buy it whether it's ever been used or not... just wondering if it will even be worth it to trade in? Thanks in advance.
The SR9c is a great gun. I'm looking to get one also. My brother in law has one, but in the .40s&w cartridge. It fit very nicely in your hands if you have medium size hands. He actually left it with me because him and my sister are in Jamaica for a wedding. Like a good brother in law I am, I did a 2 hours cleaning/lubing detail job for him. I can't believe how dirty it was. I can take a size by size picture with my glock 19 when I get home if you like.

Pros. EXACTLY like a glock. Especially the internals. I'm surprise glock didn't sue ruger for that. Nice trigger. The size is btw a compact glock and a subcompact glock.

Cons. The stainless steel version tend to corrode. I done some research and it's probably was a bad batch. So get the black alloy version. A new sr9c slide will be stiff. After a couple trips to the range, it will be smoother. The serrations are sharp!

Stool Gas Machine Auto part Engineering

Can't believe how dirty this thing was, and he's alway have it strapped with him. Thank god I love my family.

Attachments

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Just watched the vid and I really like it!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
PeacefulWarrior said:
Btw, nice avatar. Seems like the day may come when they try... I hope it never comes to that.
I hope it never comes to it, but we must be prepared.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
glocknloaded said:
Just watched the vid and I really like it!!
Hickok45 ( and FPS Russia) are the only reason I use YouTube! Funny, informative... and not some idiot trying to tell me how much of an expert they are... too much of that any more. FPS Russia is just 'over the top' funny - especially b/c my understanding is he's all-American! He just likes to blow sh-t up, and it's good fun. Reminds me of my Army days when we had to get rid of ammo or any ordinances we were training with that day - "use it up, can't return it" was a constant!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
itsj0hnnyb0y said:
The SR9c is a great gun. I'm looking to get one also. My brother in law has one, but in the .40s&w cartridge. It fit very nicely in your hands if you have medium size hands. He actually left it with me because him and my sister are in Jamaica for a wedding. Like a good brother in law I am, I did a 2 hours cleaning/lubing detail job for him. I can't believe how dirty it was. I can take a size by size picture with my glock 19 when I get home if you like.

Pros. EXACTLY like a glock. Especially the internals. I'm surprise glock didn't sue ruger for that. Nice trigger. The size is btw a compact glock and a subcompact glock.

Cons. The stainless steel version tend to corrode. I done some research and it's probably was a bad batch. So get the black alloy version. A new sr9c slide will be stiff. After a couple trips to the range, it will be smoother. The serrations are sharp!

Can't believe how dirty this thing was, and he's alway have it strapped with him. Thank god I love my family.
Thanks for the info! Nice of you to do that. I'm the same way.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
casey97 said:
I hope it never comes to it, but we must be prepared.
I've just now noticed your avatar! Great! Where did you find it, I would love to post it on Facebook.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Just google image search "MOLON LABE" and "UN Helmet." Actually if you just google "UN Helmet," without anything firearm related, several different images of the helmet all shot up appear. I am not near creative enough to come up with that myself.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Well, I bought the SR9 full size last year on an impulse buy and promptly sold it! It shot well. I put about 200 rounds thru it and figure out quickly it wasn't the gun for me.

Pros:
Good performance
Good price for what you get
Good trigger

Cons:
Matte stainless slide(I know now they're available in black)
To large to conceal comfortably
Ridiculously large loaded chamber indicator
1911 style manual safety
Magazine disconnect safety
Takedown pin instead of lever
Didn't like the texture of the grip

So, I sold it and bought a G26 Gen 4 and have been well pleased! Over 1400 rounds thru it with no problems!
Recently bought my wife a Walther PPS 9mm and also a PPQ 9mm for HD/Range gun and no disrespect to the SR9, but IMO, it's not even in the class with Glock and Walther! JMHO. To each their own!

·
Registered
391 Posts
glocker73 said:
Cons:
Ridiculously large loaded chamber indicator
Magazine disconnect safety
Two major problems for me as well. Like the LC9 the loaded chamber indicator is like a road cone on top of your gun. I still don't know if it is safe enough for some people though. Maybe a series of flashing led lights in blue, red, and hot pink as well as the gun should vibrate to let you know it it loaded, and even a speaker that repeats, "THIS GUN IS LOADED!" in Spanish and English again and again.

If you can't be trusted with a firearm, you should not be trusted with not being supervised at all times for fear that you may swallow something. Locks can help this if there is someone in your home who can not be safely depended upon to respect a firearm. You should carefully and securely lock THEM away from your guns. Here is a great idea for a loaded chamber indicator which seems to work on many types of guns.
1. Did you check to see if it was loaded?
2. Was the gun unloaded?
3. If the answer is NO to either #1 or #2, then treat the gun as loaded.
4. One more time...unless you answer YES to both #1 and #2, then treat your gun as loaded!
5. Please even if you depend on a pulsating, flashing, singing, bilingual loaded chamber indicator, do not depend on it for the life of youself or loved ones, these indicators can and do fail. I check, re-check, and triple check, then rack the slide multiple times. I guess morons did not exist when there were only revolvers, or maybe lawyers had more respect then.

"Ugh, Mr. Lawyer, I shot myself and want to sue someone."
Respectable Lawyer, "No, you're stupid, be glad you didn't kill yourself and go."

Honestly, our legal system should go towards a looser pay system. Bring a stupid law suit and loose and the stupid attorney has to pay all costs. It is shameful I have to be licensed to drive a car and checked out to purchase a firearm, but some people get to pass on their defective genes to the next level of devolution. This society has become less and less about survival of the fittest. The future is worse than a mindless zombie apocalypse, because in our real future the zombies are more than mindless eating machines. The real future has zombies that steal, rape, kill, and reproduce.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Apologies for the above rant. Went to the doctor yesterday and had a steroid shot and evidently was unable to sleepwell and decided to type the invisishield off my phone. Don't blame it on my heart, blame it on my roid rage

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The range I go to offered me $300 & I pay $125 for a new SR9 (decided not to go with compact)... waiting on a friend who is considering $350... either way, I'm getting the SR9. Still, nothing replaces my Glock!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts