Ruger 10/22 thread(s) merged here:

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by wsar10, Dec 17, 2011.

1. wsar10

wsar10 New Member

With the rising cost of ammo I found myself dumping money into my 10/22's vs. my other weapons. Last summer and summer before I shot probably 5k or more .22, and just enough handgun rnds to stay in practice. I love my 10/22's you can sit and shoot 200yds all day or rapid fire, they are fun @ 25yds out to 300yds. My buddy and I spot each other for longer range shots @ 300yds you target is not even veiwable through the scope, and @ 200yds it's a "mill-dot" shot.
    My scopes are not that great but they work well.
    the top one is mostly stock except a bolt buffer and many hours spent on the trigger assembly with an adjustable sear and a few other CNC parts and a tasco 6-24x40

the bottom is too much to list off the top of my head..... the only thing stock on it is the "chrgeing" handle and recoil rod, and the ctual receiver housing, also has a bushnell 3-9x40 or maybe x36:confused:, the barrel is an E. Arthur Brown that is threade, Boyds stock and trigger parts !

Either are the "highest end" 10/22's although I have few bucks in them, BUT they both shoot amazing and have many more mods to come. My family and freinds and get hours and hours of enjoyment out of them

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2012
  2. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

[​IMG]

My 9-year-old's 10/22 in its ATI stock. Makes a nice little plinker. I'm not really a fan of the stock, but it's adjustable enough for youth arms.

3. wsar10

wsar10 New Member

I thought about grabbing something with an "M4" type AR stock, this is kinda why I have had the wood stock on my one 10-22 for 7 years ! I also kinda want to keep my black guns look seoerate from 10/22's... I can't decide what to go with I have bull barrel for it in my safe.
    does the adjustable make it alot longer at full extension vs. the OE wood stock ? is it comfortable, my boyds is the most comfortable stock I have ever shot with but a little to short in some positions

4. rivalarrival

I wouldn't recommend the ATI stock for anything but casual plinking and initial training for someone whose arms don't fit a standard 10/22. It's "tacticool" but that's about it.

This is mine:
    [​IMG]

I've got a riser scope rail that lets me use the iron sights underneath it.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  5. wsar10

wsar10 New Member

6. rivalarrival

The ATI stock won't work with a bull barrel anyway. I like what I'm seeing with that Fajen stock.

I haven't gotten into higher-end components yet. I don't yet have access to a range long enough to use my current equipment to its full capacity!

7. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

I have a Tapco M4 stock on mine, nothing else special. It is great for the kids with but I wish I still had the wood stock or something I could put a bull barrel in. It is a fun toy, but I have negligent it for a 22 conversion on my AR.

8. Glock23

Glock23 New Member

9. Here's mine,it's an old one,i've had it for over 10 years

Attached Files:

10. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    10 22

I just picked one up Saturday! I traded a S&W Bodyguard for it, a scope and a 25 rd mag. I didn't like shooting the Bodyguard. It was for my wife and it kicked too much. Replaced it with an STI LS9.

Back to the 10 22. It's the tacktical version. All black synthetic stock and flash diffuser (I'm new at all this gun stuff at 54 so sorry about the terms). What a blast! 6 of us went out and shot for hours. We used Remington Gold LR somthing or other from Walmart. What a great time. Everyone brought their stuff out to try. This is more fun than car shows!

Attached Files:

11. Hesher420

Hesher420 New Member

My 10-22 is pretty close to stock. It has a Choate Druganov stock and a Tasco 4x on it. Since this picture I have added a 2 point sling and I drilled a (computer tower) thumb screw into the mag release to extend it for easy operation while wearing gloves while out hunting.

Its accurate enough out to 100yds. at the range. But she really shines when picking off a running squirrel at 40-50yds. :)

Well, here it is...

[​IMG]

12. Glock23

Glock23 New Member

Emily shooting her Ruger 10-22

[​IMG]This is my daughter shooting the Ruger 10-22 I bought her.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  13. Grandpa got my boys one for Christmas. I gave them a banana mag from Promag, boy was that thing tough to load at first, and a Bushnell scope. Plan on getting them a bipod and ATI stock for next Christmas. Grandpa owns a large chunk of land, and this will be the perfect gun for plinking. I already love shooting it at the range. Haven't taken any pics of it yet.

Jim

14. zkjev01

zkjev01 New Member

My custom ruger 10/22

This is my baby

Attached Files:

15. setup for 200 yards with suprisingly TWO coyotes under it's belt... I painted the stock myself, with a cut up old debit card and some camo spraypaint... this is my first costomization, what do y'all think? pretty good for a 14 year old in my say...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  16. pnutz

pnutz New Member

Say hello to my little friend!
    IMG_0568.jpg

17. zkjev01

zkjev01 New Member

VERY NICE!!!! what kind of barrel are u using to get to 200yds? whats the moa at 200?

18. Just the stock barrel, pushed about a min of 15,000 rounds through it, remind me, what exactly is MOA???

19. zkjev01

zkjev01 New Member

Minute of angle....basically ur grouping ...u must be aiming about 2 feet high to kill a coyote at 200yds with a ruger 10/22! after 100yds a .22 cartridge is not very accurate

20. zkjev01

zkjev01 New Member

Christie & Christie bros. make a superstock for the ruger. CHECK EM OUT!! I think theyre far superior to any other aftermarket stock