Glock Firearms banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
SHOOTER13 said:
Been shooting every week for the past four years, averaging about a 1000 rounds a session

through a variety of firearms, not just the Glock...at three different ranges, depending on what firearm I'll be

using and which group of friends is going...and of course, the weather ( outdoor range for rifle / shotgun ).
Holy crap I would need a second job for ammo lol. I'll live threw your stories :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
SHOOTER13 said:
Been shooting every week for the past four years, averaging about a 1000 rounds a session

through a variety of firearms, not just the Glock...at three different ranges, depending on what firearm I'll be

using and which group of friends is going...and of course, the weather ( outdoor range for rifle / shotgun ).
Wow, do you get sponsored ? That's alot of rounds. Was thinking of getting a rifle one day. But those rounds are even way more expensive than pistol rounds... One lucky guy :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
triggerhappy said:
500-1,000 rounds regularly per week. I go to the range 2-3 times a week (gotta milk that $450/yr membership at the range). I'm lazy so I only clean once or twice a month (the Glock folks told me that's ok).
Hopefully I'll never buy one of your guns. That's brutally putting that many rounds through it and only cleaning it twice a month. Yea the glock folks told you ok that's fine but remember they are getting paid to talk to you.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
triggerhappy said:
500-1,000 rounds regularly per week. I go to the range 2-3 times a week (gotta milk that $450/yr membership at the range). I'm lazy so I only clean once or twice a month (the Glock folks told me that's ok).
Holy crap batman!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Mike P said:
Tomorrow I will be putting minimum of 1000 through my brand spankin new Gen4 17 I just picked up today. Of course, as always with the very first mag on a new Glock......DUMP as fast as I can pull the trigger. Just my way of christening. A first for me this time......I'm not even going to clean the factory grease out of it like I always do with a new one. Run it like it came.
I hope you enjoy shooting the first few rounds just a I did in my 17! Any plans for upgrades yet? :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Wow I need another job or less dependents LOL. I started out shooting 200-500 rounds a week and that got expensive. Now I'll shoot about 100 rounds between 2 different guns each session 3-4 times a month.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
A box per wk is about all I can afford now. But I have an 80 Yard archery range in my backyard, so I'm usually out there if the wind isn't up to high. The reloads are cheap.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
The only way I am able to sustain the volume of ammunition I use is both because I reload, and make money with my shooting and gunsmithing skills.

Otherwise, I'd probably be homeless....

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I shoot at least 200 rounds a week. Sometimes more depending on if I shot one or matches that week

·
Registered
42 Posts
I go through about 100 to 200 rds weekly, unless I'm working overtime and don't feel like shooting. Cool thing is, I live out in the country and I build my own shooting range including a platform with shooting benches and a metal roof. Props to home depot!

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
I wish I can shoot 500+ rounds a week. Unfortunately my budget only allows me to shoot about 100 to 200. I went out for the third time, since I got my G17, yesterday and was pretty dang accurate for only shooting 40 rounds. Here's a pic from where I was standing and I was shooting at that empty Windex bottle hanging from a tree stump.

ForumRunner_20120427_064202.jpg
Kind of hard to see

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
I go to the range at least twice a week and depending on work load, can go as much as 4 times a week. Normally shoot 200 rounds each visit, so: 400 -800 rounds a week for me. I'm sure this will taper down a tad once the "newness" of gun ownership wears off.....or maybe not. lol

21 - 36 of 36 Posts