Rounds per week?

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by glocknloaded, Mar 6, 2012.

1. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

I know this could vary greatly but I am just curious how many rounds you run threw your Glocks per week, and is there a amount that becomes to much for the gun?

2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Between 5 or 800 to a thousand rounds every week. And cleaned after each range session.

Been doing it this way for a couple of years now, since 2004, and have yet to wear out or break any parts in my G26.

3. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

500-1,000 rounds regularly per week. I go to the range 2-3 times a week (gotta milk that $450/yr membership at the range). I'm lazy so I only clean once or twice a month (the Glock folks told me that's ok).

4. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I wish I had enough money to shoot that much! I may shoot 50-150 rounds per week, and some weeks I can't go at all. If I had the money I would buy some reloading equipment, but the startup cost is too much for me to handle.

5. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Whooooooa wish I could shoot that much too!!

Last week I shot 500 but I had someone with me. As a first time gun owner I was just curious. Guess I am on point and could shot a lot more with out worry, thanks!!!

6. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Yep, it's an addiction, no doubt!

7. If I'm not working on weekends{on call 24/7/365}, 500+ a week.

8. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

I try to do at least 300 a week. Usually go with a few friends so its 3 of us on one lane for an hour so lately its been 150-200. But its fun having people to shoot with and it saves on ammo LOL.

9. Yeah about the same for me for the past ten years. Might not shoot for a few weeks then do 1k a week for a while. This is shooting multiple weapons, including .22 pistols. I've shot thousands through the g22 (department issue) and its still going strong.

10. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

...makes me wonder at what point should I start looking for signs of bore erosion?....

11. SquadCapt4

SquadCapt4 New Member

Started out running 500-1000 rounds every week or two. This is slowing down a bit.....not enough overtime work to pay for the ammo right now. Heading out later today to try some new Speer Gold Dot for my every day carry. That's gonna set me back a bit. Hope I have enough room on my credit card!!! :-/

12. malladus

malladus New Member

Usually average about 3-4 thousand a month in various calibres. So average about 750-1000 a week, but usually bunches up more around match weekends and isn't spread out evenly weekly. If I get something new the count can go up as I break it in and work up a load for it.

malladus

13. 3L3C7R0

3L3C7R0 New Member

I envy you guys. I work nights and watch my son in the mornings. I don't have time or money to do that.

14. BocaDan

BocaDan New Member

I did 200 rounds of 7.62x54r last week. Best Friday ever

15. Tomorrow I will be putting minimum of 1000 through my brand spankin new Gen4 17 I just picked up today. Of course, as always with the very first mag on a new Glock......DUMP as fast as I can pull the trigger. Just my way of christening. A first for me this time......I'm not even going to clean the factory grease out of it like I always do with a new one. Run it like it came.

16. sean_ma

sean_ma New Member

Bit late posting, but I do my best to go through 200 9mm's a week on my G19. And 200 22lr's through SW22A. gets expensive when I think about how much that would be over the year. Ouch. Might have to cut down :(

17. I push around an average of 200 per week. I had a little incident last week though so Im gonna take a break.

18. 3L3C7R0

3L3C7R0 New Member

Care to share?

19. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Been shooting every week for the past four years, averaging about a 1000 rounds a session

through a variety of firearms, not just the Glock...at three different ranges, depending on what firearm I'll be

using and which group of friends is going...and of course, the weather ( outdoor range for rifle / shotgun ).