Rookie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by downbyloyalty, Apr 15, 2012.

1. downbyloyalty

downbyloyalty New Member

Hello everyone. Im new to owning a gun for home/self defense. I enjoy going to the range and having a good time. My next gun (second handgun) I want a glock and thats why I join this forum and also to learn as much as I can.

2. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Welcome to the forums!

3. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

Well you certainly came to the right place. You will LOVE it here.

Welcome!

4. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

welcome to the forum!

so tell us what type of home defense gun are you interested in?
    what do you have now?
    and most important, what made you decide to purchase a Glock?

5. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Welcome to the forum!!!!

6. SquadCapt4

SquadCapt4 New Member

Welcome home, down. Lots of things to consider, as there are a lot of Glocks to choose from. Once you tell us those things that littleposer asked, plus what kind of carry mode you are interested in, you'll get A LOT of opinions here. Esp. when it comes to pistol size, ballistics and the "right" ammo. You'll probably get so much righteous truths from so many different angles, you'll walk away scratching your head and talking to yourself! :D

7. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

I go Wednesday to purchase my glock and I'm still scratching my head on what one to get, 19 or 23.
    welcome to the forum!

8. SquadCapt4

SquadCapt4 New Member

I'm gonna hate myself for starting this debate all over again, but I'm gonna state my very humble opinion. LOL. I personally like the 23. That's what I chose for my edc. Small enough for good conceal, large enough capacity (plus I always carry two additional mags), easy enough to control recoil (again, for me personally), and I like the .40 cal. BUT, that's just my cent and a half worth.

9. SquadCapt4

SquadCapt4 New Member

Best advise I know, rick and down, is to go to a range where you can rent several different models and caliber of Glocks. Throw quite a few rounds down range in each. It gets a tad bit expensive, but hands on use will give you a butt load of information. You'll probably narrow it down to three models and fire those a lot more before you decide. Kinda like the elimination rounds of a beauty contest. :)

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum downbyloyalty !!

11. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome downbyloyalty!

12. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

I'm leaning towards the 19 due to cheaper ammo, but whichever one I get I will be buying the other next year.

13. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, Downbyloyalty, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Cheers!

14. downbyloyalty

downbyloyalty New Member

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. My home defense weapon is a SA xdm 9mm compact and also its my range gun, I pick a 9mm for the cheap ammo and decent round for home defense. I want a glock for there reliability and easy to conceal (my current gun its HUGE, its a good gun thought).
    I'm looking at a Glock 26 and a Glock 36, I like the 26 gen 4 bc its very small and its easy to conceal carry but I dont really want another 9mm, Im leaning more towards the glock 36 bc its a 45, fits well in my hand, and the times that I've shot a 45 I shoot it better, its very slim but im just thinking it might be too long... What do u guys think base on your experience?