Glock Firearms banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone heard of a Rogers by Prezine brand before? My buddy just got a Rogers Rail Lite and I like it, but I've never heard of the brand before. Is it reliable, good quality, etc? Your thoughts, suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Eh, good luck finding a holster for that :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya, probably won't ever find a holster that fits it, lol. My buddy got it for his conceal carry purposes. Keeps the light with mount in his pocket and uses the light by itself. Says that way if he ever needs a light on the gun he'll slide it on.
Also package says its ambidextrous so, I'm guessing you can switch it to the other side somehow if you shoot south paw. ;)

So ya, pretty sweet little mount. I just hadn't heard of Rogers brand before.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The surest way to lose a gun battle is to put any light on your firearm.

Has anyone heard of a Rogers by Prezine brand before? My buddy just got a Rogers Rail Lite and I like it, but I've never heard of the brand before. Is it reliable, good quality, etc? Your thoughts, suggestions?

My thoughts are: Unless your hunting a light on a firearm is suicide. If a criminal breaks into your house it will most likely be at night and if a gun fight ensues you have a lighted sign advertising exactly where to shoot to get a headshot. Think about it. The criminal is hiding in the dark with his pistol and you aim at him looking though your sights with a light that stands out more then anything ales in the dark. So, your looking through the sights of your glock with a light mounted on it. He would do just what I would do...Shoot at the light. You get get a hot lead injection in your eyeball. It goes through the soft eye and leaves out through the back of your head. See you at your funeral. The idea is to hide behind something in the dark and hope like hell you get a few rounds into him before he figures where your at. If he has his pistol in his hand when he enters your home he will see you coming by watching the light and be aimed and firing away before you even figure out where he is! Lets just all get together and play Russian roulette. It will be safer.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,586 Posts
Flyingdream said:
My thoughts are: Unless your hunting a light on a firearm is suicide. If a criminal breaks into your house it will most likely be at night and if a gun fight ensues you have a lighted sign advertising exactly where to shoot to get a headshot. Think about it. The criminal is hiding in the dark with his pistol and you aim at him looking though your sights with a light that stands out more then anything ales in the dark. So, your looking through the sights of your glock with a light mounted on it. He would do just what I would do...Shoot at the light. You get get a hot lead injection in your eyeball. It goes through the soft eye and leaves out through the back of your head. See you at your funeral. The idea is to hide behind something in the dark and hope like hell you get a few rounds into him before he figures where your at. If he has his pistol in his hand when he enters your home he will see you coming by watching the light and be aimed and firing away before you even figure out where he is! Lets just all get together and play Russian roulette. It will be safer.
Police and military have been using weapon lights for years and has been a benefit. The way the light is setup light use should be used intermittently. Badguys as well as goodguys don't shoot with laser like precision. Staring into a bright light is probably not conducive to good marksmanship.
In addition it's not a good idea to be hunting burglars in your house. Best to call 911, find a secure area with a decent place to take cover while ready for armed conflict.
Back to OP I've never seen that but it is similar to the Safariland RLS which is a quick on/off mount for a flashlight.
Did the light come with the mount?

Attachments

·
Kicking Up Dust
1,420 Posts
Police and military have been using weapon lights for years and has been a benefit. The way the light is setup light use should be used intermittently. Badguys as well as goodguys don't shoot with laser like precision. Staring into a bright light is probably not conducive to good marksmanship.
In addition it's not a good idea to be hunting burglars in your house. Best to call 911, find a secure area with a decent place to take cover while ready for armed conflict.
Back to OP I've never seen that but it is similar to the Safariland RLS which is a quick on/off mount for a flashlight.
Did the light come with the mount?
The light looks cool and the way it's set up is for intermittent use with the thumbs forward next to the button.
Danzig, I agree. Use you knowledge of your home, noise, sound and light discipline to your advantage like any good ambush. With light, intermittent is the key. Once you turn your light on it puts a X on the spot where you are standing. Get off the X.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got a crimson trace on mine, I see no need for a pistol mounted light because I keep a small LED flashlight on my nightstand just in case

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree with Danzig, if used properly a mounted light can be a tactical advatage. And yes the mount came with the Streamlight Microstream. Not bad for $35.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I would prefer no light ! Use the darkness to your atvantage in your own home witch you know and person breaking into your house doesn't ! Find a safe spot for you and your family try and stay calm dial 911 & hope you don't half to use your weapon before the police get there. I would spend the money on a good set of night sights.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Flyingdream said:
Sounds like you have zero current practical experience with the use of a weapon mounted light and have it all figured out.

·
Registered
181 Posts
It looks cool, but I've also given up the idea of a light attachment as it severely limits the choices of holsters. I'm split on the whole armed home invasion scenario. Most thieves aren't armed so I'd give the advantage to a lighted Glock. I'd tend to agree to go without light against the armed thief. Then again, it's not an option to ask the thief if he's armed or not, so in the end it's a crap shoot. So shoot first and shoot accurate.

·
Registered
260 Posts
wow that's quite the first post bud sounds like you got it figured out!.. wouldn't it be nice to see if was your wife or daughter raoming around the house? just saying there is a HUGE aftermarket for lighting on firearms..I believe it to be for a good reason.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts