Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used them? Refinished a gun with them?

My father's 1911 needs some work and that NP3 plus finish sounds great.

Thanks!

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Robar is a local place here in AZ, I have not used them but there is one member here that has used them several times and is very satisfied.

Top notch work!!!

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have the NP3 plus finish on my G20. It is really nice. They are an excellent company albeit a bit pricey. I have had a bunch of work done by them and I have never had a bad experience.

Attachments

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
I have the NP3 plus finish on my G20. It is really nice. They are an excellent company albeit a bit pricey. I have had a bunch of work done by them and I have never had a bad experience.
And there he is!!! (this was the "member" i was talking about)

·
Glockin’ since 1993
43,332 Posts
My friend had his Colt commander redone 2 tone NP3 and roguard. Came out nice. Some of the areas that rub his holster are shinier but finish is still there.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
brutusvk said:
That G20 looks beautiful!

My father's 1911 needs it for added protection to wear and corrosion.
What was the reason you did it on the G20?

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The NP3 Plus finish sounds better than Ceracoat/Duracoat.
What's your opinion?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Used NP3 on a j frame, its basically electroless nickel and is very durable. Coats the entire gun and provides lubrication.

·
Registered
624 Posts
That G20 looks beautiful!

My father's 1911 needs it for added protection to wear and corrosion.
What was the reason you did it on the G20?
I did it since this was my first "just because pistol". It isn't used for work or hunting, I just wanted one. I went to get the grips customized or coated and ended up doing all the work at once. I really like the NP3plus since it looks fantastic, has crazy protection from corrosion and also helps with lubrication. I may get the KKM barrel coated with roguard for more contrast.

I also plan on getting the lower of my 1911 coated but I am not sure which finish yet. With Robar being local there is no extra cost for shipping for me. And they have a great warranty.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
brutusvk said:
I really like the NP3plus since it looks fantastic, has crazy protection from corrosion and also helps with lubrication. I may get the KKM barrel coated with roguard for more contrast.

I also plan on getting the lower of my 1911 coated but I am not sure which finish yet. With Robar being local there is no extra cost for shipping for me. And they have a great warranty.
The Roguard finish looks fantastic, and I think it can be done in different colors.
That's the other thing going for them, the warranty.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My 442 was done almost 7 years ago. It's an ankle gun subject to all the junk from the ground and has held up well. It will still show holster wear but is a great finish. My 442 went from blk to gun metal grey, but the finish was very nice and remains so to this day. I did it for durability not for looks, but that said I really like the looks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts