Robar'd!

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by brutusvk, May 21, 2012.

1. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Picked up my G20 from Robar. Turned out pretty nice. Can't wait to shoot it. All the internals and the slide were coated in NP3plus. I left the barrel polished stainless. The grip has the front and rear "reduction" and I added the high grip. The grip is textured medium. Anyways, it is not the plain old average glock anymore.

Attached Files:

2. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Very nice. If you don't mind how much does that stuff cost?

3. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Too much! I paid $400 for all of the work done. But I did it because it actually is more than just nice looking. It aids with lubrication and the grips really make it more comfortable. Feels a lot like my 1911.

4. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    My buddy got his Colt Commander slide done. Makes your Glock YOURS! I want to get grip done on one of mine but can't pull the trigger.

5. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Very Nice, Big Difference. Hope it shoots as nice as it looks.

6. yummy... I have a "thing" for 10mms'.

7. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

I like the grip texture! That is awesome!

8. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Nice! Was that here in town?

9. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Yeah, here in town has some of the top gunsmiths in the country. Robar is on 7th ave just south of deer valley. Thier guns are featured in magazines all the time. They just had a Ruger LC9 in one of the magazines. They do amazing work but they are pricey. However, they are very good folks and do top notch work.

http://www.robarguns.com/index.htm

Another top gunsmith is Frank Glenn of Accuracy Unlimited. He is one of the top 100 in the Counry according to Handgunner magazine. (I think that was the publication.) Also a very nice guy. He did some work on my buddy's 1911 and I plan on him "deburring mine as well) I may take my wife's 23 in to get grip work done there and I plan on having him fit my G32 barrel when it finally shows up. He has a much faster turn around then Robar and is cheaper.

http://www.glenncustom.com/index.html

As a side note, Scottsdale Gun Club doesn't do the grip mods anymore. The guys that did the work don't work there anymore.

blackwolf, whenever our schedules work out you are welcome to shoot the 20 and the 31. Then you can see what a diffference it makes.

10. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I don't really like SGC much… they still have it listed on their site though..

Aint got money for gas or ammo or range fees… not looking good for a little while… :(

Might be going to Ben Avery on Sat though with some friends… don't know for sure though...

11. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Yeah, I went to SGC tody to get the "high grip correction" only done on the 23. That's when they told me they don't do it anymore. (I believe the people that used to do it were ex Robar guys anyway) In the next week or so we will probably take the 23 in to Frank to get the works done to it. My wife has tiny hands and any little thing helps. She has a broken bone in her hand right now, so she can't shoot for a bit. (except maybe her pink Sig mosquito!)

12. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I went to the dentist today to get a filling… got a new holster from the Pay it forward thread… sat at home and played with it… You see that MINIGUN in their lobby? i want!

13. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Yeah, I ogle that mini every time I am in there. I used to be a member there years ago. A guy that used to work for me when I first got promoted works there too. So I stop in and say hi sometimes. I love the toys in the shop next door. (US Auto Arms)

14. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Been there too… love it… if i had $$$$$… well i wouldn't have $$$$ anymore...

15. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I will be broke if I ever finish my other two AR lowers. The other day I was tempted to sell off almost all of my stuff and buy a fun car. But then I realized I would want the guns back after buying the car. Plus, car show people are just as obnoxious as gun people. lol

16. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper