Glock Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I’m having issues with my Glock 22 Gen 3. I can fire 2 or 3 rounds, then the slide stops about half way from full battery. I’ll tap rack, it will return to battery, I can fire another two or three rounds, then I get the malfunction again.

A little background, this was my duty weapon for most of my career, so it’s plenty broken in.

What I have tried:
Various ammo
Different shooters
New magazine springs

The malfunction still exists. Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea of the fix?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
14,568 Posts
Hello all,
I’m having issues with my Glock 22 Gen 3. I can fire 2 or 3 rounds, then the slide stops about half way from full battery. I’ll tap rack, it will return to battery, I can fire another two or three rounds, then I get the malfunction again.

A little background, this was my duty weapon for most of my career, so it’s plenty broken in.

What I have tried:
Various ammo
Different shooters
New magazine springs

The malfunction still exists. Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea of the fix?

Thanks in advance.
How many rounds do you have on your current Recoil Spring Assembly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And after watching this, yeah, well over the recommended amount he mentioned in the video.
Probably time for a new one, and lube up the gun.
I just ordered one, stinking shipping cost more than the spring... Lube shouldn’t be the issue, I clean/inspect/lube before and after I shoot. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
966 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,979 Posts
Mileage varies. I've only replaced the RSA 7 times in 330K rounds on one of my old 2 pin G17's, and one slide stop, 3 firing pin springs.

·
Premium Member
14,568 Posts
And after watching this, yeah, well over the recommended amount he mentioned in the video.

I just ordered one, stinking shipping cost more than the spring... Lube shouldn’t be the issue, I clean/inspect/lube before and after I shoot. Thanks for the input.
Did you try the RSA test on your Glock?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am in the RSA boat on this one. Pick up an OEM (Original Equipment Mediocre) one on eBay for cheap. Better yet bump it up the a SS captured assy with a slightly heavier spring weight because you carry the good stuff 😜 and don't want you slide slamming.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello all,

What I have tried:
Various ammo
Different shooters
New magazine springs

Thanks in advance.
Have you checked your recoil spring?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts