Glock Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6 hrs in classroom, 2 hrs at range, shot 100 rds, first pic is my first 48 shots to qualify from 5 to 15 yrds and second pic is of my next 52 shots (2 to chest and 1 to head in rapid succession from 5-8 yrds) had 1 x FTE which was the first since I bought in Feb this yr with over 2K down the pipe. I love this gun! Will have my permit <1mo. Finally!
Circle Font Musical instrument Pattern Glass
Forehead Face Glasses Skin Head

Attachments

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Very nice shooting! :D

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A little snafu in getting my permit... Just got a letter from department of safety and homeland security tentatively denying my permit because i was arrested in 1998 for violating SC gun law and posessing a firearm on an ABC premises. Charges eventually got dropped, but i now need to somehow get a certified disposition of the case or i will be denied. They're giving me 90 days or the $125 i spent for the course/range time and $115 processing fee at the DMV will all be a waste. Anyone here in Sumter SC can pull some strings?

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I may be wrong here, but my dad had a similar issue getting his permit. He had an assault charge that was thrown out in the 80's and all he had to do was go to the local sherrifs department and pay $15 to have his record expunged, once he did that they issued his ccw on the spot.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm in TN and the arrest was in SC. That's why I'm asking for someone in SC to get me in contact with the right person I can call and get this squared away. Calling listed numbers on the Internet is a run around.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well a little patience and $350 cash got my records expunged and my TN handgun permit arrived in the mail today. I didn't waste any time throwing the Glock on my hip as I was headed to the bus station anyway. I felt like I was breaking the law, but wasn't. It'll take some time to get used to. Now I know what it feels like to exercise our 2d amendment rights.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the club. Be safe out there. :D

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Good to see you too. Sounds like you needed to take care of business. Glad you're back.

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Congrats on getting your permit. One kind of "side note"(not to hi-jack the thread or anything) but isn't is sad that we've been so conditioned that when we actually stand up and start exercising our Constitutional Right to Bear Arms that we feel like we're breaking the law.
I guess I didn't really go through that because I started "packin' heat" when I was 18 and we moved to AZ. I picked up a '58 Remington Cap n' Ball six gun and carried it for 3 years until I was legal to buy a cartridge handgun and since AZ. was, at the time(and still is) an open carry State there was no law to break. I continued to carry after I got a cartridge handgun and found it hard to get out of the habit when we moved to Tennessee in '95. Then, we got Carry Permits here and I jumped in and got one the first year they were out. I've had one ever since and even though I don't carry as much as I should it's nice to be "legal" for those times that I do feel like "packin' heat".LOL

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Well a little patience and $350 cash got my records expunged and my TN handgun permit arrived in the mail today. I didn't waste any time throwing the Glock on my hip as I was headed to the bus station anyway. I felt like I was breaking the law, but wasn't. It'll take some time to get used to. Now I know what it feels like to exercise our 2d amendment rights.
Now this is good news! Congratulations!

You'll be pleasantly surprised how quickly you get used to carrying.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts