Removing the mag floor plate

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by ndaholic, Mar 30, 2012.

1. ndaholic

ndaholic New Member

I am having a heck of a time removing this so I can put on my pinky extension. Any tips for me?

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJq_gYUPqQU[/ame]

3. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Tip: Don't give up. It is difficult and does take some muscle, but done the way shown above, you will not break anything.

Never give up, Never surrender! :p

4. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  5. cvitter

cvitter New Member

The video above is quite clear and easy to follow I will however mention that if you place once corner (on the squared off end obviously) of the floor plate on a table and press down while levering with the armorers tool that can make it easier to start the floor plate sliding off. Just make sure you remember to catch the parts that are going to want to come shooting out. :)

6. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Hahaha Yes, this is very more cumbersome than it looks. First time I used kitchen drawers, & counter tops to try to slid the plate forward while i had the pin pushed in. What a mess it was. Second time was easier but still crazy.

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

I use the stairs (which are carpetted) and step on the magazine tube with my foot and leverage my body weight on it.

8. Shoot it off with your other mag.

9. Most people never get the insert below the edge of the magazine enough to allow them to squeeze the sides.