Removing The Finger Grooves

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by AR-556, May 8, 2020.

1. AR-556

AR-556 !3M TA3 Supporter

As y'all know l now own a Gen 3 G21. I am NOT a fan of the finger grooves and am thinking about removing them myself, or sending it away to have it done. I am very good at mechanical projects and think l might be able to do this myself with my Dremel. Or, l can send it away to a company named rockmyglock.com and they will do it for $30. I still have a few $100 left from my stimulus check, so l don't think $30 will hurt me.
    Has anyone here removed their Glock finger grooves? And, if so, did you use a Dremel? Pics? Or, has anyone here sent their Glock away to have the finger grooves removed? If so, where did you send it? What did they charge you? Pics?
    Thank You!

2. rbbeers

rbbeers Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Yes and yes (then a fine flat file followed by 600 grit emery cloth).

For example...

WML 1a.jpg
    WML 1b.jpg

Best regards,

Bob

3. grayman

grayman Active Member

Well $30 Is $30, I did this myself just to the lowest one(I have a weird monkey pinky and It rode right on that lip) and a bit to the trigger guard fit's me perfect now.
    Doing It yourself let's you fit It to you're hand and lets face It with the Bud light virus going on It does give you something to do, I mean really how many walks and how much yard work can a person do?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    miniman, Bayou and Danzig like this.
  4. AR-556

AR-556 !3M TA3 Supporter

Bob, you did an excellent job. That grip looks very nice.

Bayou and rbbeers like this.
  5. brucer41

brucer41 Faithful Member Supporter

Awesome job sir! I like the undercut, a pro look there

6. Southlake

Southlake Island Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

2DC4EAE6-9AF5-4678-935B-731CEF9DFDA7.jpeg I like them.

Hollow-Point likes this.
  7. grayman

grayman Active Member

Thank you, My Intention was to remove just enough to make It comfortable for me...saw to many where they went nuts, and the trigger guard broke after the first shot then ask "how do I fix this?"

Lucian_253 likes this.
  8. SJ 40

SJ 40 Active Member

I removed my finger grooves and all the other I'lls of Gastons idea of frame perfection, all of my Glocks with the exception of the G 44 now wear Polymer 80 frames, much closer to perfection.

9. Genifour

Genifour Active Member

In my experience, removing finger grooves is expensive. It cost me about $500.

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

ca survivor, Southlake, Bayou and 2 others like this.
  10. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Magic! BD728081-73A9-44A8-9195-2145D767A9FC.gif

SJ 40 and Genifour like this.
  11. SJ 40

SJ 40 Active Member

That is why I suggested P 80,they are often 119.00 on sale and even cheaper for Black Friday.
    For myself it was more cost effective than sending off to be chopped and stippled,shipping costs, not to mention the time without the gun.

Genifour likes this.