Remora picture request?

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by Blades, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Blades

Blades Senior Member

I have a #10 RFT Remora holster for my G30sf and I installed a extended mag release that the Remora is engaging causing my magazine to drop out. Some bad pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am wondering if a #10 with the ART cut would clear the magazine release.

Does anyone with a G29/30 have a #10 Remora holster with ART and has a picture?

I am also considering reducing the magazine release before I install the aluminum pad that rakes back. I wanted the rake back more then the extended, so that may be the way to go.
    Thanks for any help.

2. bfish

bfish Member

I have the 6 art for my 27 and the holster does not cover the mag release. So if it not being in the holster solves the problem then I would think the art is your solution.

3. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Yeah, I was just looking at the pictures on the Remora website. and it looks like it should clear. I still might grind it down a little, it just seems too "extended".

4. bfish

bfish Member

Yeah I can post pics later but my gun is currently in my crossbreed. But yeah looking at how extended that is I think you may be right that it could about be a problem anyways. At least from looking at the pictures

5. Blades

Blades Senior Member

No worries "bfish", I just put the regular one back in. Thanks for the help.

6. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

Get a factory extended mag release or a vickers release instead. It looks as if that extended release might be too wide.

7. Blades

Blades Senior Member

I liked that it was wide, but it stuck out to far. Vickers might be the next one to try, I really don't want it extended, just slightly back a smidgen.

8. Oddball Gunner

Oddball Gunner New Member

Posted some pictures under the Holsters section of the photo gallery. There's one of the right side showing how it clears the holster.
    Mine has the Artemis cut. I'll try to take a few more you later.

Update 6/4/12:

As promised, here's a pic detailing my G30SF in the Remora with Artemis cut and extended magazine release.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012