Glock Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there attempted tweaking a Blackhawk Specops Stock for an 870 to fit the 887. Best tactical shotgun I've ever owned just irritated that Blackhawk (or anyone else that I can see) has not fabricated a tactical stock for it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the hospitality........and crap! I'm sure it could be done just didn't want to pioneer the procedure!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! The guys at work liked it. Just glad I didn't machine away $130 worth of stock. I'm expecting Blackhawk to come out with one to fit it next week, lol!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
How do you like the Blackhawk Specops Stock?

I have been looking for awhile now for a good stock for my mossberg 500 cruiser and this is one of the stocks I am thinking about.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Love it! Just wish they would have made it for my shotgun so I didn't have to go through all that. The Gen II is worth the money, you can find pretty good deals on Amazon. But the stock is great, it along with the single point sling give me the compactness and versatility I need jumping in and out of the car on warrants. On the range, it feels like it belonged on the gun to begin with. I removed the buttpad (personal preference) just to shave off another inch. The Powerpak fits in nicely as well and does not interfere with deployment of the weapon, as I thought it might.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
So the gap between the trigger guard and pistol grip being that big is because you modified it to fit? Cause all the other pics that I have seen on websites looks like there is no gap in between them.

One last question, It says its suppose to reduce up to 85% on the recoil allowing faster follow up shots . Can you feel a deference in recoil with this set up? Like they advertise.

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya, they don't make one for the 887, so I milled out the model for the 870. The gap is aesthetically annoying but I've got big hands so the reach isn't a problem. They said they are working on a stock for my model, so until then this will do.

Not sure if I'd go with their percentages, but it is definitely a comfortable shoot, I don't regret the money or work I put into it, if that helps. Don't know if your application is LE or HD but either way I feel it has it's advantages. I don't have anything negative to say about it other than they don't make one for MY shotgun!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Mine Mossy 500 is for HD. I am not a LEO or military. It's just I have had my eye on these stock and wanted to get a first hand review on it cause I don't trust all the good reviews on the retailers websites. They wont post the bad reviews lol :p.

Thanks for your info!

Nice job on modding it to fit your gun by the way. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not a problem brother! Hope it helped some. I'm not a paid spokesperson by the way :)

Thanks for the compliment! Stay safe out there!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts