Remington 11-48 16 gauge Anyone have any input on them?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Pat Harmon, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Pat Harmon

Pat Harmon Well-Known Member Supporter

Quite a few years ago,our neighbors house burnt down.My dad and I helped tear the house down and clean up. In the back room away from the fire,there was a Remington 11-48 shotgun. It suffered minor heat(the forearm and buttstock had the clear get colored and the bluing needs redone.) My dad being the crazy fool he was cleaned up the gun to the best he could,then took it out shooting.It performed well,but looks ugly.I vowed one day,I would get this gun redone to it's original looking condition.Now,is that time. Everything cycles like it should, so I feel confident that I can make it nice once again. My issue is there was a choke on the end of the barrel,but the PO's son sawed it off. This leaves a couple issues.1 the barrel is too short and, 2. there is no sight on the end of the barrel. The barrel is probably the most needed to get blued. Trouble is,all I seem to find is 12 gauge barrels. or barrels for 2-300 dollars. I wouldn't mind a 100-150 dollar barrel or maybe a bit more,but I am not sure the gun is worth what I will get into. My dad also started sanding the buttstock and forearm already so it wont take much to get it back to shape. I have checked several sites for a new barrel but can't locate another 16 gauge barrel. Any suggestions to a place to look other than Gunbroker and Ebay?

2. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Numrich aka Gun Parts Corp. at worst they can tell you where to look if they don’t have it.

3. Pat Harmon

I contacted them yesterday have not heard anything back as of today..I'll give it time..

Danzig likes this.
  4. Pat Harmon

Well. Numrich's finally got in touch with me and told me they have a barrel in stock for my gun. I pulled the trigger on it. Kinda costly,but it will get me closer to my goal.Keeping my eye on a forearm yet that has the checkering.

Danzig likes this.
  5. Pat Harmon

Some looks at the old gun before it gets work done to it. 20200812_193117.jpg

Danzig likes this.
  6. Pat Harmon