Relocating with firearms to different country.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by jasio2, Jan 26, 2015.

  1. jasio2

    jasio2 New Member

    Planning to move from US to Poland with my 2 handguns and a shotgun.
    Any of you have any suggestions on how to do it, procedure and such?
    Freight container company that is taking my car refused to transport guns (nice for starter) - so I am running out of options...
  2. chuckds

    chuckds Certified Glock Armorer

    Don't know about the handguns, but you might be able to hide the shotgun in your body :)

    NRA member, GSSF member, GCA/retired
    Sent from my Commodore 64 yesterday ©

  3. SPF

    SPF New Member

    It is my understanding that gun possession in Poland is regulated in a manner consistent with very strict CCW regulations in some U.S. states. You must apply for, be qualified to keep or own a firearm, then hope your license is granted. Then, and only then would you be in lawful compliance to even possess a gun. You may also need to have some kind of residency or citizenship, too. Really, you probably want to be talking with someone with legal standing and knowledge in that country, for all the particulars.

    It is no wonder that a shipping company doesn't want to import your regulated property.
  4. bfish

    bfish Member

    I doubt you will get your guns legally into Poland... Like what was said above, check it out! Hopefully things work out for you!
  5. Ernest

    Ernest Gen4 G27, G23, G42 and G40mos

    You might have better luck selling them here. Then get your license in Poland and purchase new there. Or maybe have an FFl hold them until you get a license.

    Sent from my iPad using Glock Forum