Reloads jamming, What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by Glockmasterg9, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Glockmasterg9

Glockmasterg9 New Member

Iv made adjustments, every thing seems to be within tolerances, any suggestions?
    You can see the scrape marks here. Im don't even have to shoot the damn thing I can just load the magazine up with 15 rounds and rack the slide until all bullets have been expelled and at least 1 out of the 15 will fail to let the slide rack forward all the way, it sets about 1/4 inch unracked.

This is done with two glock 26s and a glock 19. It's defiantly my reloads.

Iv loaded with these rcbs dies before many years ago just started back doing 9mm but am having issues grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :mad:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  2. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

There's a couple of things to check. #1 make sure all your cases are the same lenth. #2 check the loaded ammo with a chamber gage. Ok, one more. Make sure the tamper crimp is not leaving a small ridge sticking up, but dont turn the crimp down so much that it lets the cartridge fall tp far down into the chamber that you dont get a good firing pin strike onthe primer.

3. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Case lengths within spec?

COAL within spec?

Did you mic them?

Also, rightmost round in pic above does not look like the bell (expansion) was reshaped properly, there should be no expansion at or near the case mouth.

9mm cases are tapered, so cases out of spec will fail to feed into the chamber properly, or fail to seat properly.

Just tossing out suggestions here....