Reloading bench

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by Vegas-Misfit, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Vegas-Misfit

Vegas-Misfit Premium Member

Have been reloading for some time now on a pair of sawhorses and some plywood lol... The wife is letting me move inside now so it's time to upgrade the bench... Any input and pictures of your set ups would be absolutely wonderful and greatly appreciated... I have been thinking of running the 2x4 basics kit anyone have any experience with it???

2. dogwalk

dogwalk New Member

Loading Bench

Go to your local building materials store and look at shop benches or go on-line and do the same. Then buy your 2x4s and 3/4 plywood and hardware.
    Use carriage bolts and don't forget to back-brace it. Mine is 4ft. long and 2 ft. deep. Mine is laid out (case trimmer on far left; then my RCBS press and then my powder measure. The case tumbler and scale on the far right. I use a short stool to sit on which makes the table top of the bench about half way up my torso. Finally, I keep it covered with an old bed sheet. Dogwalk

3. chuckds

chuckds Certified Glock Armorer

You can get one of these (stand) for around $100. Very sturdy and small footprint. They are made for a Lee so I had to drill some new holes and added the small piece of 1X6 for a small place I set my scale when setting up a new run.

image-3438378229.jpg

4. rcam1977

rcam1977 Member

i use a roll around tool cart from harbor freight, i took a couple small door hinges and piece of plywood and made a lid on top and mounted my press to the plywood lid and it also has a skid out drawer so i have 2 drawers plus the storage tray on the bottom, works well if you are dealing with limited space, its about 30 inches wide maybe a littil smaller and about 15 inches deep and about 30 inches tall, those are not exact measurement but close

5. Vegas-Misfit

I'm not limited on space as I have a 10 foot wall I can use... I lie the lee stand... How does that work out for the dillon press I like the small area but then where do you tumble and separate and such???

6. rcam1977

rcam1977 Member

here are a couple pics of my reloading station

image-707864251.jpg

image-1001959018.jpg

image-2371753034.jpg

image-2177878829.jpg

7. Vegas-Misfit

@chuckds is that a flashlight u have hooked up to your press... That's a tenuous idea I can never get enough over head light lol

8. rcam1977

rcam1977 Member

i keep my tumbler out in my garage

9. Vegas-Misfit

Rcam do u happen to have the model of that cart it looks like it would be just big enough

10. Vegas-Misfit

I was trying to get a bench big enough where I could do everything in one spot but these are great ideas... Keep em coming guys

11. rcam1977

rcam1977 Member

i have one of those flexible head desk lights on a shelve next to my station and a tube light just in case i need it

12. rcam1977

rcam1977 Member

13. rcam1977

rcam1977 Member

the item# is 90428

14. Vegas-Misfit

When I try to open the link it says the file can not be found :/

15. Vegas-Misfit

@Rcam how did u attach the plywood at the top???

16. rcam1977

rcam1977 Member

i used a couple small door hinges,
    just got to www.harborfreight.com
    and put in the item number
    and it will pull up the cart,
    or just type in tool cart in the search bar on their
    website and it will bring up all their tool carts

17. Vegas-Misfit

Yes I found the cart just curious how the plywood was attached on top and really how sturdy it was???

18. rcam1977

rcam1977 Member

its fairly sturdy, i havent had any issues yet

19. Vegas-Misfit

Any other bench ideas floating around out there???

20. Redneckcmb

Redneckcmb Chris Supporter

check this out

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axDJoa71Ilk&feature=plcp[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIgOBJ_Q7bY&feature=plcp[/ame]