Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,883 Posts
I think I did on one gun but don’t remember which one.
Don’t think it’s necessary. Most if not all manufacturers honor their warranties.
Some better than others.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Glock site quotes "warranty only becomes effective if activated by consumer purchaser within 30 days of purchase date".warranty is one year.I'm sure the majority of firearm manufacturers have the same or similar language.my question is if you do not register (I never do),how do they know when you purchased the gun.once again,I had no issues.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Glock site quotes "warranty only becomes effective if activated by consumer purchaser within 30 days of purchase date".warranty is one year.I'm sure the majority of firearm manufacturers have the same or similar language.my question is if you do not register (I never do),how do they know when you purchased the gun.once again,I had no issues.
I registered mine with Glock, but I don’t think it was really necessary. I would think the only date relevant to Glock is the manufacture (test fire) date which they get from the serial number anyway.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Nope, but id.glock.us is useful for keeping the round count in your guns. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
If you send a gun to glock for pretty much anything, they will fix it or replace it. Period. It doesn’t matter if it’s 6 months or 6 years old...registered or not.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you send a gun to glock for pretty much anything, they will fix it or replace it. Period. It doesn’t matter if it’s 6 months or 6 years old...registered or not.
That IS my experience!

I drove my 21 year-old Glock 22 to Smyrna last year.
They replaced 24 parts!
All for free!

Original post is here:
https://www.glockforum.com/threads/pilgrimage-to-smyrna-old-glock-rebuilt.54227/#post-1439807

Since that post, my Glock 26 has become my favorite carry piece.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Check out this statement made by a guy named Ron, one of the owners of “Battlefield Las Vegas”, a high volume rental range, Posted on AR15.com on 5/25/2015 1:37:09 PM EDT:

“I can tell you that even though I am not a "Glock guy", it is the most reliable handgun in our inventory and I would trust it with my life. We use Gen1-Gen4 17's on the line and they are the most hassle-free handgun we have. I used my original Gen1 17 when we first opened two and a half years ago and it finally broke about six months ago. When I say broke, Glock's pretty much are the only handgun that suffer a "catastrophic" break. The slide cracks right at the narrow portion at the ejection port. They will continue to fire most of the time but the rounds group at the top right corner of the target. The factory recoil springs are amazing because the just keep going. The Glock gets used probably 10X as much as our Beretta M92's so it's not a fair to say the Beretta is more reliable (see below). We don't use aftermarket slides on our Glocks so I couldn't give you any info those because Glock will replace our cracked slides under warranty. Also, I don't meant to give the impression that breake slides all the time but it would be fair to say that they get at least 100,000 rounds before cracking.“

So if Glock will warranty beat to crap rental guns, they will most likely take care of my guns, no questions asked.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I sure hope I live long enough to see 100K rounds out of my Glock!
Even if the cost per round is $0.10, 100K rounds would cost $10,000 to shoot.

Not bad for a $500 gun!

Reactions: RevV and Danzig

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
I’ve been shooting my g17 gen.2 since around age 10, when it was my dads. He gave it to me for my 21st bday. I think I’ve replaced rsa once or twice, & all the generation 2 magazines it came with cracked. I haven’t shot it lately, but it’s still shoots like it did way back when.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,883 Posts
I’ve been shooting my g17 gen.2 since around age 10, when it was my dads. He gave it to me for my 21st bday. I think I’ve replaced rsa once or twice, & all the generation 2 magazines it came with cracked. I haven’t shot it lately, but it’s still shoots like it did way back when.
Almost afraid of jinxing myself but I’ve got mags from early 1990’s and never had any cracked.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts